Star Wars Battlefront Death Star DLC is going free this weekend. From December 23rd to December 25th, you’ll be able to log in to your Star Wars Battlefront account and enjoy some new maps that are inspired by the Death Star. The reason for the free trial is the celebration of the Star Wars Rogue One movie. Another great bit of news is that the players will get double XP during the weekend and 5000 credits to spend on various weapons and upgrades.
Here are the new features:
- Death Star DLC comes with 5 new maps for us to play that take place inside the Death Star itself and in the space around it. You can also try out the famous trench run and attempt to take down the Empire’s ultimate weapon of destruction.
- Two new playable heroes are available to choose from – the Wookiee Chewbacca and the bounty hunter Bossk.
- A new game mode called Battle Station. This unique 3-phase mode will have players battling inside and around the Death Star.
- We can try out Luke Skywalker’s Red Five X-wing and Darth Vader’s TIE Advanced x1.
- Two new weapons are avaliable for purchase, the TL-50 Heavy Repeater and the K-16 Bryar Pistol.
- Two new star cards. The medical droid periodically provides healing and boosts to Star Card recharge rate, and a laser trip mine.
As well as the other expansions, Death Star DLC is available for purchase through the season pass that costs around 30 dollars. It grants you access to four different DLCs that add new maps, weapons, heroes and game modes. You should definitely give this DLC a try at least for a weekend. If you are a Battlefront fan, you will definitely like it.
Let us know in the comment section below what are you impressions of Star Wars Battlefront and whether you’ll try out the DLC over the weekend. See you at the Death Star!