Tales of Arise PC users have had issues with their controller support not working in the game, and many players are asking how to fix this problem. Since a game such as this is much better suited to play on a controller than the default mouse and keyboard setup, this presents a very big inconvenience for Steam users. In this How to Fix Controller Tales of Arise guide, we will go over several methods that should help you resolve this problem and get to playing Tales of Arise on your favorite controller.
Tales of Arise How to Fix Controller
Currently, there are two methods to fix this. One of these is from the developers themselves, and can be considered the “official” fix. While this will most likely get patched in a later patch or hotfix, for now, you can do the following:
“Attention Controller-style Adventurers! It has come to our attention that some users are experiencing technical difficulties when using a controller to play Tales of Arise. While we investigate a more permanent solution, we have identified a workaround that can be followed from the steps below:
- 1. Opt out of Steam Beta if you’re on it. (Settings > Account > Change > set to NONE)
- 2. If you’re using multiple Steam Library folders then go to Settings > Downloads > Steam Library Folders> Add Library Folder and point Steam to your games.
- 3. Go to game’s Properties > Controller and set it to Enable Steam Input.
- 4. Launch game, go to option menu, select Steam Controller Settings and there Browse Configs and then pick Official Configuration for Tales of Arise for your appropriate gamepad.
- 4a. If you’ve never played the game, press New Game and you’ll get options screen, where you can select Steam Controller Settings.
- 4b. If you’ve played the game press Continue. Then press Tab. Select Controls. From there you can open the config.
We do apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your continued support!”
The second method, is the “unofficial” one, so use it at your own discretion, involves a DLL file. You can find this file at this download link. Once you have downloaded it, go to where you have installed Tales of Arise. Once you are in the installation folder, go into the Engine subfolder, then into Binaries, followed by ThirdParty > Steamworks > Steamv149 > Win64, and finally paste the DLL here. After you have done this, the Tales of Arise controller support should now function as intended.