Watch Dogs Legion Online Mode Coming March 9th Via Free Update
Ubisoft have announced the launch date of the Watch Dogs Legion online mode. It’s dropping on March 9th, as a free update for all of you that own the game. It’ll be available across all platforms, aka PlayStation 4 and 5, Xbox One and Xbox Series X and S, and PC (via Epic Games Store, the Ubisoft Store, Ubisoft+, and Stadia). Along with the online mode, those that own the season pass will also get two exclusive single-player missions.
So, first off, what can you expect to see in the online mode? Well, there’s actually quite a bit. For one, you can free-roam the world with friends and complete challenges etc. On top of that, there’s also new co-op missions, and even a PvP mode called Spiderbot Arena. Let’s dive into some more deets, as provided by Ubisoft:
- Free-roam open-world co-op where players can team up with their friends for up to four-players and explore London, encounter city events, complete challenges and participate in side activities.
- New co-op missions for two-to-four players using new co-op gameplay mechanics and giving players the opportunity to recruit the perfect team and fight back against London threats across the most iconic landmarks of the city.
- “Leader of the Pack,” the first four-player co-op Tactical Op which will require teamwork and efficiency. It’s made of five interconnected narrative missions which are endgame content, made for players who are seeking a challenge. Players will need to strategize and communicate effectively with their teammates and ensure they have upgraded gadgets and recruited a strong cast of characters.
- The first available Player-vs-Player (PvP) mode, Spiderbot Arena, where four players control armed spiderbots and compete in a high intensity free-for-all deathmatch.
Completing online activities earns you XP, which increases your rank. That, in turn, unlocks rewards, such as exclusive cosmetics and influence points. You use the latter to recruit operatives and upgrade your gadgets.
Now, as we’ve already said, those of you that have the season pass will also get access to two exclusive single-player missions on March 9th. One will have you hunting for an algorithm that might turned drones into autonomous killing machines. The other makes you hunt down a secret group using the DedSec name for nefarious purposes. Here’s more details, courtesy of Ubisoft:
- Guardian Protocol – DedSec tracks an algorithm that could allow AI to override human decisions. If they don’t find it, it could be used to turn weaponized drones into autonomous executioners.
- Not in Our Name – A secret group is stealing DedSec’s name. Worse, they’re also stealing information so their employer, a ruthless tabloid owner, can use it to blackmail their victims.
On top of all that, the developers have a “robust post-launch plan” for 2021. You can look forward to future free updates, including the “Invasion PvP mode, all-new co-op missions and free characters.” People that have sprung for the Season Pass are gonna get more exclusive stuff, too, such as “extra DedSec missions, the Watch Dogs Legion – Bloodline story expansion, new playable heroes,” and more. Lots to sink your teeth into and keep things fresh.