Baldur’s Gate 3 is an absolutely humongous game. As such, it is very easy to unintentionally miss some content in it, be it quests, items, and even entire companions. Act 1, in particular, hosts a bunch of things that you can easily skip over and miss out on. So to help you you make sure that you have seen and done everything there is to do in this first part of the game, our BG3 Act 1 Checklist is going to list out all of the most important bits.
BG3 Checklist for Act 1
You will find – or at least start – many companion quests in Act 1. Compared to Act 2 and Act 3, it is also full of various side quests for you to undertake. So without further ado, let’s see what there is to do in Baldur’s Gate 3 Act 1, including both side content, as well as Main Quests:
On the Nautiloid:
After the crash:
- Free Lae’zel.
- Get Gale from the teleport waypoint.
- Meet Astarion.
- Get the Speak with Dead and Speak with Animals spells, they are very important.
- Meet Wyll.
- Learn about Kagha’s plot.
- Rescue the child from the harpies.
- Talk to Volo.
- Interact with the Strange Ox.
- Free Sazza.
- Talk to Alfira, who can teach you how to play an instrument.
- Talk to Dammon.
- Save a Tiefling from a Bugbear assassin.
- Absolute cultists encounter near the Grove.
- Finish the Masterwork weapon at a former blacksmith’s home.
- Find the Necromancy of Thay book.
- Climb down into the well.
- Rescue Barcus the Gnome from the windmill.
- Scratch the Dog (near the village).
- Kill or recruit the Ogres.
- To the north, there is a barn with a very interesting (or disturbing) sight there.
- Near the Village, there is a cave with an Owlbear and its cub.
The Risen Road:
- Meet Karlach.
- The Fake Paladins.
- Rescue Volo.
- Talk to the priest of Loviatar.
- Rescue Halsin.
- Get rid of the three True Souls.
- The Owlbear race.
- Save people from the burning Inn.
- Basement to the Zhentarim Hideout.
- Free the artist
- The Missing Shipment quest
- Speak with a Crow there.
Putrid Bog & Riverside Teahouse:
- Save Mayrina.
- Meeting Astarion’s hunter.
- The Selunite outpost.
- Sword stuck in the stone.
- The Arcane Tower.
- Interact with the Gith Disk and show it to Lae’zel.
- Put flowers on the dog’s grave.
- Destroy the stool of mysterious strenght in the Arcane Tower to get a club that increases your STR.
- Fish people worshipping the fake god.
- Drows and the spectator.
- Helping the myconid.
- Curing Thulla.
- Meet Omellum.
- Get the Sussur Bark needed to complete the Masterwork weapon at the Blighted Village.
- Defeat the Duergars.
- Get the Icy Metal, Icy Heave, and Icy Crystal to craft the Mourning Frost Staff.
- Pick up a rare mushroom to give to Shadowheart.
- Defeat Nere and get his head.
- Get the Sergeant’s Boots.
- Save the Grymforge Gnomes.
- The Runepowder gnome.
- Adamantine Forge – get x2 Mithril Ores.
- Help the cursed monk.
- The Gith Egg quest.
- Blood of Lathander.
- Lae’zel’s quest.
- Speak with Elminster at the entrance to the Shadow-Cursed Lands.
We’d like to thank Reddit user FishBurger77 for helping put together the list which we used to compile a lot of this information. And in case we have missed anything important, feel free to tell us about it in the comments.