Although Battlefield 1 is mainly about multiplayer, it still features a single player campaign. It’s divided into five War Stories. It’s much better than in any of the previous Battlefield games, and features many memorable characters and gameplay moments. Each one has multiple missions for you to complete, with collectibles that unlock more interesting facts. In this guide, we’re going to share everything we know about the Battlefield 1 singleplayer campaign, what the stories are about and which achievements they unlock.
Battlefield 1 War Stories
- Storm of Steel is the first story. In it, you will make a desperate last stand against the German imperial forces. You will be controlling different soldiers on the battlefield as you progress through the missions. When you finish it, the others will be unlocked.
- Friends in High Places is the second one. As Clyde Blackburn, a skilled airplane pilot, you will fly your fighter plane across the skies. You will be taking controls of a Bristol F2.B airplane, with your friend Wilson at the gunner’s position, as you fight the German empire.
- In Nothing is Written, you will be playing as Zara Ghufran, fighting alongside the famous Thomas Edward Lawrence, also known as Lawrence of Arabia. You two will take on a mission to destroy the Canavar, a huge weaponized armored train.
- During Through Mud and Blood, you will play as Danny Edwards, a British tank driver. You and your crew will be driving the Mark V Landship called Black Bess, as you punch through the German trenches.
- Avanti Savoia will let you play as Italian soldier Luca Vincenzo Cocchiola, as he searches for his brother Mateo in the Italian Alps. You will have a chance to use the sentry battle pickup, making you a heavily armored solider with a huge heavy machine gun.
- The Runner is the story of Frederick Bishop. As him, you will be fighting during the British Army’s landing at Gallipoli.