The Morrowind expansion is the largest content update in The Elder Scrolls Online yet. It offers a new zone, a new player class, more than 30 hours of main story content, a new Trial, and a new three-team, 4v4v4 PvP mode. Morrowind will release globally for PC, Mac, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One on June 6, 2017.
Morrowind General Info
To start playing Morrowind and enjoy its content, you don’t need any higher level character. If you are a new player, you can start right away in Morrowind’s new zone. There is no need to complete any previous ESO content before starting the Morrowind playthrough.
- In this expansion, there is a completely new zone called Vvardenfell. It is the largest zone added since launch. It also features the same geographical locations as The Elder Scrolls III, including all key points of interest from the classic game.
- The main story revolves around saving Morrowind. You have to stop a meteor from crashing into Vivec City by helping a demigod regain his lost powers. The time period set here is around 700 years before the events of The Elder Scrolls III.
- With the new map, you’ll get all that comes with it: new treasure maps, adventures, story and even a new class – The Warden.
- The expansion is coming out on June 6, 2017 for PC, Mac, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.
- You can pre-order the game on all platforms. If you don’t have the game, Morrowind comes as a part of all the Editions. The Standard is the cheapest at $59.99, while the Collector’s Edition costs $99.99. If you own the standard game, you’ll need to buy the Morrowind Upgrade to enjoy its content. The upgrade costs $39.99.
- For all the prices and deals, visit the official web store page. You can find out everything about the game, as well as system and additional requirements.
Morrowind Expansion New Content
- Vvardenfeel New Map – The new map is geographically same as the one from The Elder Scrolls III, from the docks of Seyda Neen, to the volcanic Ashlands, to dense, mushroom-filled forests, and through the glory of Vivec City, still under construction in this time period.
- New Story – The story takes place 700 years before the events of The Elder Scrolls III. You’ll need to help Vivec, the legendary warrior-poet and Guardian of VVardenfell. Find a cure for his mysterious illness and help him regain his strength, before it’s too late and the world is destroyed by the incoming meteor. You’ll also have to aid a legendary elite assassin of the Morag Tong. He will guide you through deadly political intrigue.
- New Class – The Warden harnesses nature-based magic. He’ll be accompanied with a new combat ally – The War Bear. You can check some of his moves in the Morrowind Announcement Trailer.
- New PvP Mode – Battlegrounds take you to the battle of Ashlands with new 4v4v4 PvP combat, set in competitive arena-style environments.
Morrowind Pre-Order Discovery Pack Bonus
Players with the Day One edition will get five exclusive in-game bonuses as part of the Discovery Pack:
- Exclusive Warden Costume – An exclusive costume available for all classes that match the Warden’s outfit, as seen in the announcement trailer.
- Dwarven War Dog Pet – A unique armored non-combat in-game pet.
- Treasure Maps – Maps detailing the location of Vvardenfell’s greatest rewards.
- Dwarven Crown Crate – This special Crown Crate has a chance to contain Dwarven-themed mounts, pets, costumes, and more!
- Experience Scrolls – Advance through Vvardenfell gaining 50% more experience points for two hours.