Party Never Stops is a side quest in Final Fantasy VII Remake. It takes place in Chapter 9, and it involves helping a clothing store employee with his drunkard father. There’s a specific set of circumstances that leads up to this quest, and if you’ve made the wrong choices in any of the relevant places, you won’t be able to start it. There’s also what seems to be a bug, where a key character doesn’t appear when he should. This guide is going to show you how to unlock FF7 remake Party Never Stops quest, what to do about Johnny not showing up bug.
How to start Party Never Stops quest?
In order to start the quest, you need to talk to the Clothing Store Owner’s Son at the Wall Market in Sector 6 Slums. It can only be done in Chapter 9, after you’ve completed the Underground Colosseum objective. In order for the quest to even appear, you have to make a bunch of right choices in Chapter 9. If you’ve already started The Price of Thievery or Shears’ Counterattack, that means you’ve made the wrong choices – these quests are mutually exclusive.
The thing about those choices is that we have no idea which ones are correct. We’ve been hearing a lot of conflicting reports, and it seems like things might not be working as intended. Here’s what we heard about each of the choices you can make in Chapter 9:
- The girl we’re looking for – Pick either “she’s a great fighter” or “she’s in great shape”.
- Make sure you do the Johnny discover event, but what you say to him doesn’t appear to matter.
- Talk to the guy in front of the hotel – you can ask how much or say you’re not intereted.
- Talk to the receptionist – you can pick whatever here as well.
- Coin flip – Either pick heads, or no deal.
- Which course you choose at Madam M’s doesn’t make a difference – we’ve heard of it working with all three.
- When Madam M asks you about Aerith’s outfit, say that “it’s alright” or “it matter what I think”.
We’re going to keep our ear to the ground and we’ll update the guide if we hear of any more choices that help unlock this quest. If you chose differently than what is listed above, feel free to let us know in the comments.
Johnny not showing up bug
Even when you trigger the quest, you might end up being unable to finish it. We’ve heard of several reports of Johnny not appearing in front of the Clothing Store as you leave, which breaks the quest. He’s supposed to lead you around Wall Market, and him not showing up stops the quest dead in its tracks.
The only thing you can do about it is the same as the one we recommend if you fail to trigger it – redo the chapter via Chapter Select once you’ve beaten the game. This will reset all side quests and you’ll be able to do it all over again.