The first 2017 Metal Gear Solid: The Phantom Pain update lets the players step into the shoes of Revolver Ocelot. In the August 2017 update, you’ll be able to play as Revolver Ocelot in FOB infiltration missions. The update also bring changes for the Wormhole Generator, new suits, and other minor stuff.
MGS5 August 2017 Update Patch Notes
To check out the screenshots and everything about the August 2017 update, head to the official page. Here are the cliff notes:
- Ocelot – You can play as Ocelot to infiltrate FOBs. You cannot change the uniform or the head option, but Ocelot has a slightly increased camouflage value, and he reloads and draws his weapons faster. He can use one pistol in each hand with the TORNADO-6. He can also use ricochet bullets on marked enemies.
- Wormhole Generator – When place beforehand the Grade 9 Wormhole Generator can now automatically extract the player when in a critical situation. Additionally, opponents cannot remove a placed Wormhole Generator anymore, and it is now harder to destroy. New functionalities come with three new Grades 10,11,12. The Generator automatically extracts the player who placed the generator dies or is stunned.
- FOB staff Swimsuits – New swimsuits and new colors have been added. As usual you can wear those swimsuits when defending your FOB or infiltrating the enemy FOB.
- Goblin Suit GOB SUIT – Only available for Diamond Dogs soldiers. There is no camouflage effect but the suit lightness increases your movement speed.
- Megalodon Suit MEG SUIT – Only available for Diamond Dogs soldiers. There is no camouflage effect but the suit lightness increases your movement speed.
- Fixes – Some minor issues have been fixed.
Last year’s August update also featured FOB staff swimwear. It seems that this year’s gear has a little more clothing than the previous one. If this is an annual event, I’ll be paying attention this time next year to see the new swimwear designs.