NBA 2K17 Teammate Grades are a way for members of your team to score how well you performed in a game. They’re not just for showing off – the better you score, the more money you’ll get. Good scores will also positively affect the amount of time you spend playing during each match. In short, it pays off to have good grades. In this guide, we’re going to show you how to get A+ in every game in NBA 2K17.
NBA 2K17 A+ Teammate GradeHere are some tips on what to do and what to avoid if you want the highest teammate grades:
- Take smart shots. Don’t force shots when you are guarded, you will hurt your personal stats and your team. If you are open and take a good shot, you will get “Good shot selection” even if you miss the shot. Keep practicing for that perfect release.
- Don’t call for the ball if you are not open. If you constantly press the call for ball button (X,A), you will get the “Excessive call for pass” and “Call for pass ignored”. Be patient, or it will reduce your grade meter.
- Set screens for your teammates. When you are near the ballhandler, just press the Circle/B and wait for the ballhandler to drive – you will get the “Good screen” notification. If your teammate scores off the pick, you will get the “Screen assist”.
- Don’t hold the ball for too long. Always pass, call a play or a pick and roll. If you are just dribling the ball you will get the “Held ball too long” and your grade meter will drain a lot.
- Throw accurate passes. Most of the time, you will get the “Good pass” if your teammate is open.
- Always try to stop the opponent’s fastbreak. If you get back on defence fast, you will get the “Good transition defence”.
- Always play physical defence. If you play good defence and the opponement misses the shot, you will get the “Good shot defense” and your grade meter will fill up. Also, good physical defence, for example, can make your opponement throw a bad pass resulting in a turnover, which will grant you “Forced turnover” and fill up your grade meter a bit.
- If you don’t guard the player you were supposed to guard, you will get the “Leave assigment” remark, which will drain your grade meter. If he scores, you will also get the “Defensive breakdown”.
- Try to anticipate passes for easy steals. Steals will increase your grade meter, and if you score in a fastbreak you will also get the “Steal/block leading to a score”. You can also get the “Poke ball loose” if you just poked it, but didnt get the steal.
- Blocked shots will also increase your meter.
- Always boxout. Always try to boxout you opponements (L2/LT) after they shoot. If they miss, press Triangle/Y to jump and get that rebound.
- A good aley-oop will result in an “Assist” and “Alley-oop pass”. Make sure your passing rating is high and your teammate is in a good position for an alley-oop.
- Try to avoid reach-in fouls. You should always stay aggresive on defence, but don’t always try to steal the ball from the ballhandler. Unless your steal rating is high and the player with the ball is a great ballhandler, you will only get the “Reach in foul”, which will decrease your meter.
- If your team makes a solid play with a score at the end, you will get the “Good ball movement”.
- If you do a good dribble move and score at the end, you will get the “Double move leading to a score”.