Update 1.02 for Friday the 13th is now live, after being pulled for causing achievements to disappear. The patch focuses mainly on a bunch of bug fixes and improvements, such as dealing with Jason’s spawn randomness and adding the Random option to the lobby. The new update should address the many problems that Friday the 13th has been experiencing since launch.
To say that Friday the 13th has had a bit of a rocky launch is putting it lightly. There’s been a lot of server issues and other problems. Fortunately, a new patch is up that should deal with a lot of the issues. However, it’s telling that the patch initially had to be pulled, because it caused even more trouble than it fixed. You can check out the full patch notes below. If, however, your one major issue is taking Jason down, you can check out our article on how to kill Jason in Friday the 13th.
- Added a Random option in the lobby.
- Turned intro volume down.
- Increased effectiveness of Jason and Counselor spawn preference options. Shuffling the possible Jason list 3x as much to help randomness.
- Disabled inhale sound effect for breathing while in a hiding spot.
- Made dead body stingers less obnoxious: Ignored while being pursued by Jason; 10s cooldown; Will not fire for witnessed nearby deaths.
- Fixed issue where you have infinite stamina.
- Fixed a few areas where the player couldn’t reach with Jason. Also fixed a stuck spot on Packanack.
- Fixed perk roller UI sometimes getting stuck if there is an error talking to the database.
- Fixed session heartbeat requests to be more resilient to service failures.
- Fixed some bugs with incremental Steam stats achievements. NOTE: These do not always update while the game client is open, sometimes taking until you exit the game before Steam shows progress.
- Fixed character hair stretching at lower frame rate.
- Fixed inverted mouse look and mouse sensitivity options not working on the input settings UI.
- Fixed Jason not always aborting the knife throw when stunned.
- Fixed a case where it was possible to get stuck in a knife throw.
- Fixed some visibility issues with the door interaction icons.
- Fixed some placement issues with dropped items.
- Fixed Jason’s mask floating when knocked off.
- Fixed Jason not always cancelling shift or morph if they hit a car in reverse.
- Fixed an issue with the hiding spot exit code.
- Fixed Counselors potentially getting stuck inside of a wall if hit while climbing through a window at the perfect time.
- Fixed Rotate Minimap With Player not updating when changed until a map change.
- Fixed some server specific crashes.
- Fixed people being able to share settings save games.