Bluehole, the developers of PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, are preparing a new patch for the game. The update will tweak some of the loot spawns, both in care packages and in world spawns. It will also add some new weapons, such as the Groza and the P18C. These are not the full patch notes, just an outline of what the developers are cooking.
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds might still technically be in early access, but it has been exploding in popularity. Not long ago, the game reached over four million copies sold. Unsurprisingly, the game has made a whole lot of money, and the developers are working on constantly improving the game, releasing new patches every month.
In a recent post on Steam, the developers outlined some of the details of the new patch. They’re planning to tweak some of the in-game spawns. They’re switching some around from care packages to world spawns, as well as adjusting some of the spawn rates. Additionally, they’ll be adding two new weapons to the game – the Groza and the P18C.
You can check out what they’ll be changing around and how below. We’ll let you know once the full patch notes go live.
- New weapon, the Groza, was added. This weapon may only be acquired in Care Packages.
- VSS will no longer be found in Care Packages. It will remain to be spawned in the map.
- At a low probability, you will be able to acquire AR Silencers and SR Silencers in Care Packages.
- At a low probability, you will be able to acquire 4x Scopes in Care Packages.
- New weapon, a 9mm pistol with full auto mode, the P18C, was added.
- Spawn rate of SCAR-L was decreased to better fit the weapon’s tier.
- Spawn rate of UMP was slightly decreased.
- Spawn rate of UZI was slightly increased.
- Level 1 Helmet was being spawned at a much higher rate than the Level 1 Vest, and the spawn rate was adjusted so that both items will be spawned at a similar rate.