Nioh is an action RPG where you play as a western samurai in feudal Japan. Your task is to cleanse the land of yokai, and it’s not an easy one. Luckily, you can do it with help from a friend or internet stranger. Summoning a companion will help you push through difficult parts of the game and defeat bosses more easily. In this guide, we’re going to show you how to play co-op in Nioh, how to summon companions and engage in multiplayer.Before we begin, you need to know a couple of things. Firstly, you can only have one other player present. You can’t summon multiple friends. Secondly, you’ll need a Playstation Plus subscription to engage in any kind of multiplayer.
How to summon players for coop in Nioh
If you suddenly realize you need help with a mission halfway through, the solution is simple:
- Go to the shrine.
- Select the Summon visitor option.
- Select how many ochoko cups you want to offer as reward.
- Wait for the game to pair you with a helpful stranger.
If you’re looking to clear levels together with a friend, there’s a different process to follow:
- While you’re on the main map, click the base icon.
- Select Torii Gate from the menu.
- Choose Yokai Realm with A Companion.
How to be summoned in Nioh
If you want to help out a fellow yokai hunter, here’s what you need to do:
- Click on the temple icon while on the map.
- Choose Torii Gate from the menu.
- Select Random Encounters.
How to play PvP in Nioh
Sadly, there’s no way to play PvP in Nioh at this point. The developers have announced they’re going to add this feature at some point after launch. It’s going to be free, but we don’t know when it will be released. We’ll keep you posted, and update the article with any new info we discover.