Team Ninja recently released Update 1.03 for Nioh. The patch brings forward some balance changes & bug fixes in order to remedy some of the problems that players have been experiencing. The update might seem minor, but solving these issues is still very welcome.
The newest Nioh patch serves mostly to fine-tune some aspects of the game, as well as fix some relatively minor, but still annoying issues. Fixing the bug that locked off certain sub-missions seems to be the most important feature of the update.
As far as balancing the game goes, that part is a little vague. On the surface, it might seem that Team Ninja wants to make the game a little easier. It says right there that they’re increasing the rewards for random encounters. As if the game didn’t shower you with enough loot already. However, the other changes seem to target some of the more broken builds in the game, specifically the Living Weapon build. We’ll see how this pans out in the future.
One interesting “extra” feature to note is that you’ll now be able to forge items for trade in the Hidden Tea House. What this means, at least according to Reddit, is that you’ll be able to purchase some very powerful forging items in the Tea House. These items include kappa shells, demon horns, bangasa ribs and the like. If you’re not sure how to get to the Tea House, you can check out our How to unlock Hidden Teahouse guide.
You can check out the full patch notes in the lists below.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes prevented completing the following sub-missions:
- The Magatama of Fire
- A Fiercer Flame
- Fixed a bug which caused emotion tutorial window to remain throughout the Daizaifu main mission.
- Fixed a bug that prevented unlocking the title “Saika Magoichi Crusher”.
- Increased rewards for the random encounter.
- Added forging items for trade at Hidden Tea House.
- Adjusted Amrita regeneration from extraction talisman while using living weapon.
- Adjusted paralysis effect of medusa power.