Bergmite is an Ice-type Pokemon. First introduced to Pokemon GO in December 2021, this Ice Chunk Pokemon has been a welcome addition to the game ever since. However, one thing was missing from it. Namely, while Bergmite is a great Pokemon, it wasn’t available in Shiny form. Luckily, that’s all about to change. So if you want to know how to get the Shiny Bergmite in Pokemon GO, our guide is here to help you do precisely that.
Pokemon GO Bergmite Spotlight Hour
The Bergmite Spotlight Hour in Pokemon GO is going to be your best chance to catch a shiny one. Between 6 and 7 PM local time on Tuesday, December 20th, 2022, the crystalline Pokemon will be spawning way more often than usual. This also means that your odds of encountering a shiny Bergmite will be much higher. So, if you’re gunning for one of those, then the 20th will be your best bet. Plus, you’ll get twice the catch Candy for ever Pokemon you capture over the course of the Spotlight Hour.
Can Bergmite be Shiny in Pokemon GO?
Yes, Bergmite can indeed be Shiny in Pokemon GO. This is all part of the Winter Holiday Part 1 event. It is going to begin this Thursday, December 15th, 2022, at 10:00 AM your local time and last until Friday, December 23rd, 2022, at 10 AM your local time. For the duration of this event, you will be able to encounter Bergmite in wild encounters, as well as in one-star raids. And, if you are lucky enough, that Bergmite could end up being a Shiny one. To increase your odds of encountering a Shiny Bergmite, you should make the most out of this event and try to hunt as many of this particular Pokemon as possible. Just keep in mind that it’s tricky to tell the difference between the shiny and regular Bergmite. The only difference are his stubby little feet, which are green instead of transparent.
Besides Bergmite, the following Pokemon are also going to be a lot more common in wild encounters:
- Pikachu wearing a Winter Carnival outfit (can be Shiny).
- Swinub (can be Shiny).
- Delibird (can be Shiny).
- Snorunt (can be Shiny).
- Spheal wearing a holiday outfit (can be Shiny).
- Snover (can be Shiny).
- Cubchoo (can be Shiny).
- Alolan Vulpix (can be Shiny).
- Stantler wearing a holiday outfit (can be Shiny).
As well as these Raids:
- One-star Raids: Pikachu wearing a Winter Carnival outfit, Alolan Vulpix, Spheal wearing a holiday outfit, Galarian Darumaka, and Bergmite. All of these can be Shiny.
- Three-Star Raids: Cloyster, Lapras, Stantler wearing a holiday outfit, and Glaceon wearing an Undersea Holiday outfit. Apart from Cloyster, all of these can be Shiny.
- Five-Star Raids: Cobalion (can be Shiny).
- Mega Raids: Mega Glalie (can be Shiny).