The Playstation 4 version of Prey just got another update. Patch 1.04 brings some PS4 Pro features to the game, but it also fixes a bunch of bugs and adds some quality of life improvements. Sadly, it doesn’t fix the framerate issues on the base PS4.
Here’s a list of changes the devs have shared with the public:
- PS4 Pro Support added for:
- Enable Screen-Space Reflections
- Higher quality shadows
- Improved texture appearance
- More texture memory (stable streaming)
- Anisotropy 16x (from 4x)
- Improved visual fidelity
- Less LOD usage
- Dynamic lights show up further
- Particles are allowed to draw more pixels per effect
- Particle refraction enabled
- Additional fixes for PS4 input drift
- Glooing Cook between objectives no longer breaks mission
- Nightmare is Hunting You no longer plays after completing Copy Protection without Typhon Neuromods installed
- Disgruntled Employee mission now properly completes if player finds Grant Lockwood prior to getting mission.
- Sarah Elazar will now give the code for Cargo Bay B if player has hostility from Phantoms
- Aaron Ingram will no longer flee and cower when released in Psychotronics
- Player can no longer lock themselves in the security pharmaceuticals office in Trauma Center
- Superfruit no longer appears shrunken and flat when fully grown.
- Adjusted timing on several cutscenes.
- Blank objective markers no longer persist above reticle
- Using key actions while controller prompts are shown will no longer cause a freeze.
- Tracking bracelets are now sent to Recycler with Transfer all Junk
The update is going to be released on PC and Xbox as well, later this week if all goes according to plan, albeit without the PS4 Pro features. The PC already has all those features and more, while the Xbox doesn’t have a more powerful hardware build to compete yet, with the Scorpio planned for release later this year.