After a certain amount of time spent on character DLCs, the multiplayer DLC for Final Fantasy XV has finally been announced, with a closed beta available next week for those who own the FF XV Season Pass. The multiplayer mode, dubbed “Comrades” is an “exclusive preview” showing interesting parts of the multiplayer.
Players will be allowed to make eight avatars, with multiplayer quests available for up to three players. It is also said that Noctis and buddies will not be available from the beginning, but they will be there in the future.
Here are the differences between the test and the full version:
- Requirements: Requires purchase of Season Pass and a subscription to PlayStation®Plus or an Xbox Live Gold membership.
- Available: August 3 to August 8, 2017 (projected)
- Playable Characters: Create, control, and save up to eight avatars.
- Avatars: Customize avatars with elements limited to the test version.
- Outposts: Begin at test version base camp and play through a custom tutorial.
- Weapons: Choose from katana, club, dagger, and shuriken weapons. Attack patterns vary from those of Noctis.
- Royal Sigils: Invoke the powers of sovereigns for your avatar with this new feature. Equip one of four default royal sigils in the test version.
- Quests: Choose from one of three quests, with up to three legs to each quest. All players will be matched online in the test version.
- Meals: Retrieve one ingredient per person per quest, and have the camp cook prepare a meal afterward.
- Meteorshards: Receive meteorshards as quest rewards. Meteorshards cannot be used in the test version.
- Added Features: Interact with other players using preset chat messages. Also supports voice chat.
- Requirements: Requires Final Fantasy 15 and purchase of either Multiplayer Expansion: Comrades, or the Season Pass. Also requires a subscription to PlayStation Plus or an Xbox Live Gold membership.
- Available: TBD
- Playable Characters: Develop avatars using experience gained from defeating enemies and completing quests.Updates will allow you to also play as Noctis, Gladiolus, Prompto, and Ignis.
- Avatars: Unlock customization elements with item purchases at outposts and quest rewards. Updates will add even more elements.
- Outposts: Experience a city with much more than the test version base camp.
- Weapons: Expanded arsenal featuring polearm, crossbow, and shield weapons as well, which also feature different attack patterns. Weapons come with preset abilities and experience points, and can be leveled up by meeting certain conditions.
- Royal Sigils: Collect and equip royal sigils as you progress. The wide array of enhancements provided by the royal sigils will play a key role in cooperative multiplayer combat.
- Quests: Explore quests with storylines as well as singleplayer quests. Join up to three other players online with a subscription to PlayStation®Plus or an Xbox Live Gold membership, or fight alongside three AI companions.
- Meals: Encounter more cooks and enjoy a wider range of meal-based boosts.
- Meteorshards: Gather meteorshards during quests to expand the scope of available activities or to unlock new quests.
- Added Features: Make Camps for Meetups with Friends, Expand/Customize Preset Chat Messages, Receive Quest Report Cards, Take New Photographs, more.
The beta should be available for PS Plus and XBox Live Gold users some time between August 3rd and 8th.