FFXV Car General InfoRegalia, like most cars, uses Gas. As you drive around the amount of gas depletes. You have to refill it at the gas station, or call on Cidney to pick you up. It costs a small amount of gil.
- Regalia’s true owner is Noctis’s father Regis. The car’s license plate “RHS-113” refers to him being the 113th ruler.
- During the night only Noctis can drive the car, while when it is day Ignis can take over. This changes later into the game.
- There are several driving modes in game: Auto, Resume and Manual.
- Auto – Ignis drive. This is where you select a destination and have Ignis drive you there. You can set this destination on top of the parking spot, quest location and any other map point. This option also allows fast travel. It costs gil, but it saves precious time. If you however decide not to spend gil, Ignis will still drive but it takes time. Time that is shown next to the poi.
- Resume – Resume journey to the latest auto drive destination.
- Manual – drive the car yourself.
- There are many camera views inside the Regalia. One of them is the first person camera. To change the camera while in the car press L1/LB on your controller.
- Passengers in Regalia react to the driving style. Fast braking makes them stumble in front of them, some of them even drop their stuff.
- Being a convertible, the roof lowers into the trunk when it is sunny, and it pulls up when it is raining, night.
- Customization options consist of: changing color of the body, interior and wheel. Adding schematics of different color schemes, decals, new music scores and more. You can also add components to the car. As you progress toward the end of the game you can upgrade the Regalia to fly.
- Some of the commands inside the car are: accelerate, brake/reverse, U-turn, hop out, play pause music, previous and or next scores.
- There are limited areas where you can drive it. You can’t drive it everywhere.
Regalia CustomizationTo customize Regalia find and talk to Cindy. Cindy is one of the few female characters in Final Fantasy XV. She is a head mechanic, with distinct mechanic clothes. Once you talk with her, she will give you the option to customize the car.
Some of the new customization options can be bought from the shop owners. They are not cheap by any means. If you are wondering where you can spend all those hard-earned gil, you can do it here.
- Body – this option changes the color the body of the car. Black is the default color. Some of the shown colors are blue and white.
- Interior – this option changes the color of the interior. Black & white is the default one. Some of the shown colors are: Light beige, Walnut Brown, Camel Brown, Dark Rose, Gilded Lilac, Dark Charcoal, Raven Black and more.
- Wheel – this option changes the color of the wheels. Metallic Silver is the default color. Some of the shown colors are: Metallic Gold, Nightstar Silver, Matte Whitestar, Matte Blackstar and more.
- Decals – this option adds patterns to the different parts of the car. Decals can be applied to the body, left and right side, top, front and rear.
- Component – Install new parts to improve the Regalia’s performance. This is the end game for the Regalia. This is where you can make the car fly and transforms into Regalia Type-F – the flying car Noctis.
- Final Fantasy XV offers different Pre-Order Bonus Skins – Cindy Regalia Skin, Golden Chocobo Regalia Skin, Platinum Leviathan Regalia Skin and 16-bit Buddies Regalia Skin.