NBA 2K17 Badges Guide

NBA 2K17 Badges are special titles that give certain bonuses when you unlocked them. They can be earned by performing certain actions in the game a certain number of times. After you’ve unlocked them, most of them can be upgraded a couple of times. In this guide, we’re going to show you a list of all player badges in NBA 2K17, how to get them.

Personality Badges

These badges have only one level – they cannot be upgraded. They don’t influence the player’s skills, instead affecting his mood, animations, hot and cold streaks, etc. Here’s a full list:

Name/Description How to unlock
Alpha Dog
Team leader, inspires teammates.
Be the highest rated player in 20 consecutive games
All Time Great
Strives to be known as an all-time great.
Have considerably more field goal attempts than assists (from 4:1 to 8:1, depending on position) in 15 consecutive games.
Championship DNA
Can quickly see where double teams are coming from. Steps up his game in playoff moments.
Win an NBA Championship
Clutch Performer
Steps his game up when the time comes.
Shoot over 40% in the final minutes of a game.
Defensive Anchor
Defensive leader who helps his teammates perform better defensively.
Get Defender up to lvl 18, play 30 or more games.
Enforcer
Can wreak havoc on the floor with tough and physical play.
Get 10 hard fouls in a season.
Expressive
Has no problem expressing his feelings.
Celebrate every time the prompt pops up.
Floor General
An offensive leader who helps his teammates play better on offense.
Get Playmaker discipline to lvl 18, get a 5 assist average over 30 or more games.
Friendly
An outgoing and typically well-liked player.
???
Hardened
Will play through fatigue & injury without experiencing a severe drop in skill.
Have stamina and durability 90, get an average of 80% playtime over 20 consecutive games.
High Work Ethic
Works harder than the typical NBA player.
???
Keep It Real
Responds best to tough love.
???
Laid Back
Generally pretty chill at all times.
???
Legendary Work Ethic
First one to the gym, last one to leave and the hardest worker at all times.
???
Low Ego
Values team success more than anything.
Have only a little more field goal attempts than assists (less than 2:1 is ideal) in 15 consecutive games.
Mircowave
A player who heats up more quickly than most.
Achieve hotness (2 red rings) in 10 consecutive games.
Pat My Back
Responds best when patted on the back and coddled when spoken to.
???
Reserved
A quiet player that generally keeps to himself.
???
Spark Plug
Come off the bench making big plays that can energize his teammates.
Get an average of 7 points scored after coming off the bench in 6 consecutive games.
Unpredictable
Can be erratic in his behavior.
???
Wildcard
A player who can be wildly inconsistent.
???

Playmaking Badges

These badges can be earned by performing actions suitable for a playmaker. Once you’ve got one, you can upgrade it using Virtual Currency. Here’s a full list:

Name/Description How to unlock
Ankle Breaker
Can cause his defender to stumble or fall with his dribble moves.
Dribble- assist-score! Use the right stick to do a dribble combo, follow by an assist. Only if you assist counts towards the badge! Repeat 200 times.
Break Starter
Starts fast breaks with accurate outlet passes.
After a defensive rebound, perform and outlet pass 50 times.
Dimer
An elite passer known for hitting teammates in the correct position to score.
Perform 300 assists in a season.
Flashy Passer
Known for throwing on-point flashy passes to his receivers.
Perform 50 flashy passes in a season.
Lob City Passer
Completes alley-oop passes at a high rate.
Perform 50 alley-oops in a season.
Pick & Roll Maestro
Throws accurate passes and hits shots off screens at a high percentage while orchestrating a pick & roll.
Use pick & roll to call for 150 screens in a season.

Defensive Badges

You can get any of these badges by playing defense. They’ll be bronze when you unlock them, but can be upgraded to silver, and later, gold.

Name/Description How to unlock
Charge Card
Adept at placing himself in position to win charge calls.
Perform 7 charges in a season.
Chase Down Artist
Terrific transition shot blocker.
Perform 7 chasedown blocks in a season.
Defensive Stopper
While playing on-ball defense, this badge drops various offensive skills of similarly positioned match-ups.
The hardest to earn badge – Play some D! Get 150+ good shot contest on opponent’s shot, and Not this time! 25+ Stop the opposing team’s fastbreak all in one season. Set game difficulty on Rookie.
Pick Dodger
A slithery player who can get around screens easily.
Run through a certain amount of screens.
Pick Pocket
Known for his ability to strip the ball from a ball-handler.
Poke the ball from another player 50 times
Rim Protector
An elite shot-blocker who intimidates those around the rim, causing interior shots to be less effective.
Perform 80 blocks in a season.

Rebounding Badges

There’s only one rebounding badge in NBA 2K17. Here’s how to obtain it:

Name/Description How to unlock
Hustle Rebounder
An elite rebounder known for chasing rebounds out of his area.
Perform 600 rebounds, 150 of them offensive.

Inside Scoring Badges

These are shooter badges that can be obtained by performing actions under the hoop. They’re skill badges, so they can be updated up to gold. Here’s a list:

Name/Description How to unlock
Acrobat
Can change his shot in air and attempt difficult shots with few consequences.
Perform 15 reverse layups and 5 change-shot layups in a season.
Dream-like Up and Under
Excels at scoring in the post with up & under moves.
Attempt 50 up and under shots out of the post in a season.
Drop Stepper
Has the ability to use the drop step move to his advantage in the post.
Attempt 30 drops tep moves in a season.
Pick & Roller
Excels as the roller in the pick & roll game.
Score as the roller 100 times.
Post Spin Technician
Dominates the post with spin & drive moves.
Perform 100 post spin or drive moves in a season.
Putback King
Known for his ability to score baskets immediately off of offensive rebounds near the hoop.
Score 50 times after offensive rebounds.
Relentless Finisher
Takes physical punishment on contact shots near the rim without severely impacting his energy.
Perform 75 contact layups in a season.
Tear Dropper
Excels at making floaters and runners.
Perform 50 tear drops or floaters in a season.

Outside Scoring Badges

These badges are awarded for outstanding performance in shooting threes and generally being a good long-range shooter. Once you’ve got them, you can use VC to improve them.

Name/Description How to unlock
Corner Specialist
Known for his ability to knock down threes from the corner.
Hit 25 threes from a corner.
Deep-range Deadeye
Knocks down shots from deep range at a very high percentage.
Hit 100 heavily contested deep range shots.
Difficult Shots
Known for making tough shots off the dribble.
Hit 150 contested hop shots, step backs, dribble pull ups and leaners combined.
Limitless Range
Can knock down very deep threes better than most.
Hit 50 threes from beyond the line
Mid-range Deadeye
Knocks down shots from medium-range at a very high percentage.
Hit 200 heavily contested medium range shots.
Pick and Popper
Excels as a pick & pop receiver.
Hit 200 shots as the popper.
Tireless Scorer
A player who can spend a good deal of energy without losing effectiveness when attempting to score.
Attempt 200 shots while you’re exhausted.
Catch and Shoot
Hits stand-still shots off the catch at a high percentage.
Attempt 100 shots after catching the ball.

Athletic Badges

The last group of badges are related to skills and can be unlocked by performing various activities. Here’s a list of them:

Name/Description How to unlock
Brick Wall
Sets extremely effective screens.
Set 100 good screens in a season.
Bruiser
The physical nature of this player drains energy from his match-up.
Set pick & rolls and make the defender push you.
Lob City Finisher
Finishes alley-oops at a high rate.
Finish 15 alley-oops in a season.
One Man Fast Break
Excels at taking the ball coast to coast on a fast break.
Score 75 fastbreaks in a season.
Posterizer
Will succeed at dunking on opposing defenders more often than others.
Attempt 15 contact dunks in a season.
Source: Reddit

177 thoughts on “NBA 2K17 Badges Guide

1. Maldervich

Hustle Rebounder is 75 offensive around 250 and based on the numbers from my brick wall HOF of a multiplier of 2.3. 240 offensive and 800 defensive

2. mikeey

yoo i got over 50 blocks & still no chase down artist badge do u have to be a certain height to get this badge or rim protector?
      im 6ft 8 point forward with lowest arms need help plz

Re

1. Mat

Do u need certain amount of defense upgrades cuz i hve 150 blocks still no rim protector im 6ft 8 point forward lowest arms help plz
        Re

2. Duckasaurus

No you don’t. On a turnover is your best chance to get this badge. Just sprint back and block them from behind

1. Brandon

For rebounding that isn’t accurate; I have over 500 rebounds and haven’t received the badge yet… I have 76 Offensive rebounds and 432 defensive rebounds… still don’t have the badge

1. Devin

Just dunk bro they don’t even gotta say contact dunk bro I got it by just dunking and I never got contact dunk grade I just dunk with people around me and it just says slam dunk but I still got posterizer

1. Gabriel de leon

This is wrong cuz I have played 30 plus games played dunking on Everoyne way more than 15 times and I’m a slasher and I can’t get posterizer at all if u can help me that would be great

2. Versache Chappell

Call ISO play and then do a standing spin to get past your defender and I enemy will be in the paint for u to dunk on him and get a contact animation

1. Ethan

You don’t need contact dunks AT ALL. I stopped trying for contact dunks and just dunked the ball 60 times in a half, I am sure that some were contact dunks but the one that got me the badge was not.
      I sat out the 2nd half and upgraded to gold, immediately upon starting the next game in my career the badge went to HOF without any shots by either team. The next dunk I did (fast break with no defender in sight I earned my Athletic Finisher Pro Badge or Grand Badge.
      I wouldn’t be surprised if some combination of contact dunks and “highlight” dunks gets you the badge but I am almost certain that the badge can be gotten without contact dunks. The badge lights up on EVERY dunk I do. If the badge lights on every dunk why would you have to get contact dunks to get it.
      Getting a contact dunk without this badge is pretty much a miracle anyways.
      Spend 2 12 minute quarters on rookie dunking every time you get the ball and then tell me you need contact dunks

1. George

I have a 6’7 205-pound slasher PG and I had to do 15 contact dunks to get the badge so you are very incorrect. the posterizor badge lights up because you have a higher percentage of dunks with it. Nice try, though. Fool someone else

2. Slippery_Center

Hustle Rebounder is incorrect, I have 557 defensive rebounds and 106 offensive and still don’t have the badge… I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO GET IT!!!!!!

3. Diddlemunch

I unlocked a red badge for temporary unstoppable rebounds while hot then I got an error now it’s gone again. Come on 2k

1. drew

It happened to me too. I got the pro badge, then simmed to the end of the game and the badge was gone. I unlocked it again next game, but i played the entire game and then I got it permanently.

4. Eric

I think the tireless scorer badge is tied to the agility level. i have over 500 attempts exhausted, and I CANNOT get this badge.

1. CodeRedBULLY

Tireless scorer is based on moving junpshots i.e. spin jumpers, hop jumpers, step back jumpers, etc. Make 200 of those. FYI difficult shots are based off 175 ATTEMPTS of the same types of jumpers

1. Miller

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DRAIN YOUR ENERGY! STOP SPREADING THIS INFORMATION. Pullup/hop/spin jumpers activate it

1. Jack

You have to pass out after you get it and get an assist, you can’t be the one to score or you won’t get it. It should say double move leading to a score after you pass out

1. Kolton

I have way over 200 double move leading to score I have all other badges on gold but for some reason I can’t get ankle breaker? I’m on Xbox I had ankle break in hall of fame on ps4 can someone help

5. Welcome to Fredo island baby

Go to the upgrades at the top of the menu in my Carrer and click on the first on then you should see it 😊

6. 2kALLDAY

Acrobat can be achieved purely through Euro-Step Layups, unsure if you must score or if they can be attempts, earned mine on a make.

7. Breatholder

Put “Catch and Shoot” badge on the list.
    I don’t know what’s the required success %, but I got it when I missed a “catch and shoot” shot, so that tells me there must be a certain amount of attempts required too. It was my first upgradable badge and I don’t do that many “catch and shoots” so can’t be that many…perhaps do like 10 out of 20…I don’t know 😀

8. Malek Kyle

I got cltuch perfomrer on a missed layup in game 7 of the nba finals(the irony). I dont know the exact number but im pretty sure its just like last year where u have to shoot over 40% in the final minutes of the game. I shot like 46% from the field in the 4th quarter though.

1. Mitchell

My career, my minutes, click right joystick on your name then use your triggers. Shows what badges you have and other stuff too

9. 2k king

To get posterizer just keep dunking when the AI is near you. You don’t need contact dunks. Takes way more than 25

10. Dominique Bryson

What does it mean when it says for defensive anchor get defender to ” level 18″ ? What does this mean please help

1. Mike

There are categories that you have to upgrade using VC in order to improve your player…one of them is Defense, and in order to get Defensive Anchor, you need to have 18/25 of those upgrades purchased. This is unconfirmed, since it was the same in 2k16 with only 20 available levels. Some archetypes won’t even allow you to purchase up to level 18 in defense, so you might have to be a certain archetype to obtain this goal.

1. Mike

Yes, it makes you better…it is basically a hidden attribute bonus….for instance, if you have dimer, you will pass a tad better than you would without it, regardless of your current passing attributes. It is a bit complicated and overdone, but at least this year, there are fewer badges, and they have condensed some of the badges into a single badge. They are vital though, and you should work to get them if you have the time and patience, some of them are a real grind (mid-range deadeye, ankle-breaker, dimer all take quite a few games to achieve).

11. AboveTheCut

Some of these badges you have to have a atribute up to a certain point, example strength at 30 . Alot of these that show how to get the badge dont show that , you might have enough stats but your atributes might not be high enough yet to ge the badge your looking for .
    We need more detailed ways to get these badges , does anyone know if 2k has a website showing hlw to achieve these badges with exact detail

12. AboveTheCut

Level is the boxes in each atribute upgrade , thats what i was saying some badges take a certain levl on your atribute to achieve that badge

13. mikeey

nt is awaiting moderation.
    im 6ft 8 point forward with lowest arms need help plz

Re

14. NBA fan

To get one man fastbreak, do you need to be the def rebound and run and score, or can u get someone to outlet pass it to u and then score? Thanks

1. nicolas

you can just get the ball near your basket and then run up and score you don’t need to get the rebound but if you get the rebound it is alright to go to the other end

15. D

I have hit over 200 corner three’s at over 40% and still cannot unlock corner specialist. Anyone else having this issue? I’m in my second season is there a certain time limit you must attain the badge in?

1. Nab__Stur

Set the difficulty to rookie and try , just keep grinding , I unlocked my sharpshooter grandbadge before I unlocked my hall of fame sharpshooter with the only other badge I had unlocked which was catch and shoot at hall of fame , it took me 75 corner 3’s to unlock hall of fame but it should be much easier to unlock the bronze so just try it on rookie with 8 min qtrs and see what happens

16. 2kGodKing

I’m also a playmaker PG. The only badges you can get above bronze are the five of your archetype (dimer,flashy passer, p&r maestro…). You can upgrade these to silver or gold using VC. Then you have to do more work in-game to get the Hall of Fame badges. For badges that aren’t for your archetype (I have pick pocket, brick wall, catch and shoot, one man fast break, break starter…) you can only get them to bronze.

17. Masterman3000

How do you unlock grand badges??? Im a playmaker PG. Is there only one playmaker grand badge, or 5??? Are grand badges always activated???

1. Big Boy Mike

you can’t have a silver or gold badge unless it is in your upgradeable badges. I have a brick wall badge that cannot be upgraded

18. Bill bill

Thus is just In case nobody posted this or just dont kniw it. If it takes 80 blocked shots for a badge or whatever it may be for any of them and ur seasons stats say u have 10,000 blocked and u still havent got ur badge it is probably because u simulated games and ur player done whatever in those games and whatever he does in those games will be recorded as a seasurselft but will not count towards ur badge unless u actually played the game urself.

19. Rylen

trying to get tireless scorer badge , when difficult shot badge comes up does it still go towards your tireless scorer badge if don’t have it yet ? Need help please .

1. KING VALERIO

no u need to go my career and unlock them there but put go to settings in 2k nav and put it on rookie and put 12 mins per quarter

20. 3pointGOD

I have shot over 105-110 threes from deep and still dont have limitless range badge. HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!

1. TheLegend27

You have to make around 50 shots (i think ) from around a step or two back from the edge of the 3 point line

21. Dk

What’s your archetype..?If you have lockdown defender it probably gonna give it to you once you get enough steals for hof and as soon you upgrade it to gold you get hof instantly,thats what happened with my slashers posterizer…

22. Jaden Patel

Does anyone need help grinding their badges, I am 100% legit I have a YouTube and Twitter dedicated to grinding people’s badges, hmu on twitter @2kGrindBadges4U. I’m not that fair into it as I just started but I can be a big help.