How to get Ankle Breaker Badge in NBA 2K17

NBA 2K17 is available for those who preordered the game, and players are busy unlocking badges and its Hall of Fame versions. The confirmed number of badges for NBA 2K17 is 55.
NBA 2k17 Ankle Breaker is a Playmaking badge that can cause defender to stumble or fall with his dribble moves. It’s one of the Signature Skills Badges. Once you earn the bronze badge, you can purchase the silver and gold upgrades with VC and after that get the Hall of Fame badge. In this guide we’ll show you what your player should do in order to unlock Ankle Breaker bronze badge.

How to get Ankle Breaker Badge in NBA 2K17

This year it’s much harder to get this badge. Developers have made a lot of changes and many mechanics for obtaining badges have been improved. In the last year version of the game, NBA 2K16, you could just spam crossover until you get the badge. In order to unlock Ankle Breaker badge you need to do Dribble- assist-score around 200 times.

Check out our guide – How to get Dimer Badge in NBA 2K17

• Setup your games so you have 12 minute quarters, on Rookie difficulty
  • Throw three assists to Justice to unlock orange juice
  • Dribble- assist-score! Use the right stick to do a dribble combo, follow by an assist. Only if you assist counts towards the badge!
Note: Once you get the Ankle Break gold or HoF badge almost any step back animation in the game will break ankles.

If you have any additional trick to get this badge fast, please leave a comment below and share it with our readers.

nba 2k17 ankle breaker badge

40 thoughts on “How to get Ankle Breaker Badge in NBA 2K17

1. Taylor

Ok so I’m a 81 overall playmaker and I’ve got over 350+ double move leading to score assists (because that’s all I’ve done from the beginning of my career) but yet I don’t have dimer or ankle breaker can anyone explain?

2. Klaus Duus

Hi! Thanks for your “How to”. It’s quite helpful!
    I did everything you did, but hardly did 300 passes after double move. Could it be 250, I don’t know, but sure not 300.
    Same goes to Alley-oop passer, which was the easy one.

Anyway, keep up with the site!

3. jj

so what you do is pray to harambe, and what you have to say is; “give me the power to ankle break” and then all you do is start twerking and ride your controller furiously, then the most important part: turn your console off, go buy a pc then you are a pro.

4. ending careerz

You don’t have to get an assist. that is Wrong. You can get the badge by just doing a double move and then just shoot. The only reason an assist is useful is for trying to get dimer at the same time as ankle breaker. But please understand that it is much easier to get “double move leading to score” by just simply pressing (down, down)
    and then shooting. (rookie difficulty)

5. Brad

Do your assists of double move and shots made off double move add together? Example: 100 shots made off double move and 100 assists off double move= 200 if they add together.

6. Jtuy

You don’t have to assist you can score yourself. Many you tubers have on tape that they unlocked ankle breaker by scoring themselves.

7. Fredo

I have been doing double moves to assists like 300 times, and it still hasn’t unlocked?? I’m a 90 overall pg playmaker, and my playmaking is all the way up. I’m confused as to why I can’t get it.

8. Tyler