How to get Ankle Breaker Badge in NBA 2K17

NBA 2K17 is available for those who preordered the game, and players are busy unlocking badges and its Hall of Fame versions. The confirmed number of badges for NBA 2K17 is 55. NBA 2k17 Ankle Breaker is a Playmaking badge that can cause defender to stumble or fall with his dribble moves. It’s one of the Signature Skills Badges. Once you earn the bronze badge, you can purchase the silver and gold upgrades with VC and after that get the Hall of Fame badge. In this guide we’ll show you what your player should do in order to unlock Ankle Breaker bronze badge.

How to get Ankle Breaker Badge in NBA 2K17

This year it’s much harder to get this badge. Developers have made a lot of changes and many mechanics for obtaining badges have been improved. In the last year version of the game, NBA 2K16, you could just spam crossover until you get the badge. In order to unlock Ankle Breaker badge you need to do Dribble- assist-score around 200 times.

Check out our guide – How to get Dimer Badge in NBA 2K17

• Setup your games so you have 12 minute quarters, on Rookie difficulty
  • Throw three assists to Justice to unlock orange juice
  • Dribble- assist-score! Use the right stick to do a dribble combo, follow by an assist. Only if you assist counts towards the badge!
Note: Once you get the Ankle Break gold or HoF badge almost any step back animation in the game will break ankles.

If you have any additional trick to get this badge fast, please leave a comment below and share it with our readers.

nba 2k17 ankle breaker badge

80 thoughts on “How to get Ankle Breaker Badge in NBA 2K17

1. Nitroseffect

I don’t believe so I made a new point forward and he can get it hall of fame but any sharpshooters or center swipl get it bronze and only bronze

1. Taylor

Ok so I’m a 81 overall playmaker and I’ve got over 350+ double move leading to score assists (because that’s all I’ve done from the beginning of my career) but yet I don’t have dimer or ankle breaker can anyone explain?

1. david

same to this day i dont have it i made a point forward and i havent got it on bronze i hope i get dimer because if i dont im going to contact 2k about it beacause i didnt do this grinding for nothing…

2. Klaus Duus

Hi! Thanks for your “How to”. It’s quite helpful!
    I did everything you did, but hardly did 300 passes after double move. Could it be 250, I don’t know, but sure not 300.
    Same goes to Alley-oop passer, which was the easy one.

Anyway, keep up with the site!

3. jj

so what you do is pray to harambe, and what you have to say is; “give me the power to ankle break” and then all you do is start twerking and ride your controller furiously, then the most important part: turn your console off, go buy a pc then you are a pro.

4. ending careerz

You don’t have to get an assist. that is Wrong. You can get the badge by just doing a double move and then just shoot. The only reason an assist is useful is for trying to get dimer at the same time as ankle breaker. But please understand that it is much easier to get “double move leading to score” by just simply pressing (down, down)
    and then shooting. (rookie difficulty)

1. Nsmdmsmkk

No it’s not… if u just can get a double move assist.. it unlocks it faster. Trust me I unlocked it in less than 30 minutes and I didn’t unlock dimer

5. Brad

Do your assists of double move and shots made off double move add together? Example: 100 shots made off double move and 100 assists off double move= 200 if they add together.

6. Jtuy

You don’t have to assist you can score yourself. Many you tubers have on tape that they unlocked ankle breaker by scoring themselves.

7. Fredo

I have been doing double moves to assists like 300 times, and it still hasn’t unlocked?? I’m a 90 overall pg playmaker, and my playmaking is all the way up. I’m confused as to why I can’t get it.

8. Tyler

9. Jae smooth

Ive done double dribble leading score and getting the assist with it 1600 and still no dimer or ankle breaker to hof.smh

10. Gabe

I have got the dimer badge purely off of double move leading to score-assists, but no ankle breaker badge. I should have got it 200 assists ago but i havent. why?????

11. Clifton

Just spam crossover and call for a pic as soon as the pick rolls pass it to him as he rolls. I get 40 assist per game doing this

12. D. Ice

Do they have to be assists because Im around half way with just scoring. Ill do a cross over, shoot it in there face, then score. You are telling me it doesn’t count?

13. Robbie Smith

Hi I’m a 88 overall playmaker I’ve played like 30 games and have gotten a lot of double moves leading to score and still having gotten Ankle breaker badge I’ve been doing double moves leading to score and then scoring with myself can I do that or do I have to get assists

1. Robbie Smith

Hi I’m an 88 overall play maker and I’ve been doing double moves waiting to score and still haven’t gotten ankle breaker badge I’ve done a lot of double moves leading to score and I’ve been doing where I do a double dribble move in then shoot do I have to get assists?

1. Nsmdmsmkk

14. PatriotFighter

Guys I have a 91 Point Forward and already got hof flashy passer, lob city and almost got ankle breaker and pick and roll maestro under 35 games. No badge on the game is hard to get. Trust me, I grind for badges for myself and others

15. Spacecrow21

It won’t let me get ankle breaker I have counted my double moves leading to score I did it 207 times