Hardware Labs is the third area you’ll go to while playing through Prey’s main story. It’s a place where Dr. Calvino does his research, and it’s connected to the main lobby. The trouble with getting there is that all the routes are heavily guarded by Typhon. Luckily, there’s a way to take them down without getting overwhelmed. In this guide, we’re going to show you how to get to Hardware Labs & Dr. Calvino’s Workshop.
How to reach Hardware Labs in Prey
The easiest way to get to this area is to do the following:
- Grab the Teleconferencing keycard from Morgan’s desk.
- Grab the turret standing in front of the office.
- Place it on top of the stairwell between Teleconferencing and the Executive Offices.
- Make sure you deploy the turret and that it’s facing Teleconferencing, or you’re in for a nasty surprise. If you want to be extra safe, you can get another turret from the ground floor, next to the counter in the middle of the lobby.
- Open the door to Teleconferencing. A bunch of mimics will spawn and attack you.
- Run behind the turret and let it deal with them. You can help if you like, but it shouldn’t be necessary.
- Once the area is clear, go through Teleconferencing, and you’ll end up right at the entrance to Hardware Labs.
You can approach it from the Sales Division side as well, but there’s a Phantom in there. They’ve been known to bust turrets, so it’s not advisable. Doable, but not advisable. Once you’re in the new area, you’ll have to head out to the ship’s exterior in order to get the keycard for Calvino’s Workshop, but that part is easy. Just follow the main objective and it will lead you to the keycard.