Aside from being a mechanically demanding game, Elden Ring requires impeccable resource management. In Elden Ring, your Hit Points (HP) and Focus Points (FP) are your most valuable resources, but ways to replenish them are few and far between. Flasks are the most reliable way to replenish HP and FP, but the amount they bring back seems low in the early game. Luckily, an item called Sacred Tear can be used to upgrade flasks in Elden Ring. In our Elden Ring Sacred Tear Locations guide, we will explain where to find Sacred Tears.
How To Increase HP/FP Replenished By Flasks in Elden Ring
First thing first, let’s explain how you can upgrade Elden Ring flasks. As you know, the Flask of Crimson Tears is used to replenish your HP, while the Flask of Cerulean Tears will refill your mana or FP. These flasks are limited by the number of charges per rest you have. Also, there’s only so much they can replenish per use, and as encounters become progressively harder, it will not be enough.
So, can you upgrade Elden Ring flask to increase HP and FP replenished by them? The good news is that you can increase Elden Ring flask’s healing and mana replenishing. You will be able to do that with the Sacred Tear. The bad news? We’ve found the first Sacred Tear 30 hours into the game.
Elden Ring Sacred Tear Map Locations
The Sacred Tear locations in Elden Ring can often be found around some of many churches in the Lands Between. Below, we pinpoint the five exact locations where you can find a Sacred Tear.
- You can find a Sacred Tear in the Church of Pilgrimage in the Weeping Peninsula area. You’ll need to beat a few undead soldiers outside of the church. Inside, there are no enemies, and you’ll discover a Site of Lost Grace. There’s a statue covered with overgrowth inside. You’ll find a Sacred Tear at the foot of the statue.
- The Third Church of Marika is another location that hides a Sacred Tear. Similarly to the Church of Pilgrimage, you’ll see a towering statue of a woman (that’s Queen Marika) inside, and a Sacred Tear can be obtained there.
- Just like the two previous churches, the Callu Baptismal Church in the Weeping Peninsula has a Sacred Tear near a similar statue inside. This time around, you’ll first need to deal with a few rats and one particularly big and nasty rodent.
- Our religious tourism continues with the Fourth Church of Marika. The Church is guarded by two headless spectres, but you’ll get rid of them with ease. Inside, activate a Site of Lost Grace, and interact with the well-known statue of Queen Marika to collect a Sacred Tear.
- The first four Sacred Tears were more or less a walk in the park. But in order to get the Sacred Tear from the Church of Irith in the East Luminia region, you’ll need to defeat Godrick the Grafted. We won’t spoil much, but he’s one of the main bosses, so enter this battle well-prepared!
And there you have it. Now you know how to upgrade flasks in Elden Ring, and where to find Sacred Tear locations.
Very early in your exploration of Elden Ring world you will find out that you need to prepare your character for different tasks. You'll need to learn how to use Ashes of War, how to two-hand weapons, or use magic spells during the course of your adventures. Many secrets are also waiting for you, such as, a hostile NPC Sellen that doesn't let you see her shop, an invisible man in a bush, or a huge turtle with a bell that lets you duplicate some very important items.