Benevolent Leader is an achievement in Fallout 4. You can earn it by having a large village with a maximum happiness level under your wing. This guide will show you how to reach maximum happiness in a large settlement in Fallout 4 and unlock the Benevolent Leader trophy.
How to unlock Benevolent Leader achievementVery few people have managed to unlock this trophy, and only a handful have shared their process. Here’s a good setup for making your citizens happy:
- Stats: Charisma at 10 or 11
- Perks: Local Leader 2 and Cap Collector 2.
- Resources: 16,000 bottle caps and a bunch of building materials
- Build a large settlement – A village is considered to be large if the “size” bar in the building menu is more than 3/4 full (it will change color).
- Send all your companions away – You’ll want only settlers here.
- Attract settlers – You can have 20 people with 10 Charisma. Build radio beacons to attract them, or send them over from other settlements. Four people should be assigned to working on food, while others will tend to shops.
- Gather resources – Make sure you have 1 of each food, water and beds for every settler. Beds need to be indoors (under a roof, preferably behind a door).
- Set up defenses – Raise your defense to at least 100. The minimum is the sum of food and water.
- Build shops – Build as many level 3 shops as you can (you should be able to build 16) – clinics, general traders, restaurants and clothing shops. They increase happiness. Don’t forget to assign villagers to them.
How to reach maximum happiness in a large settlementNow comes the hard part – when everything’s built, you’ll have to use your presence to increase happiness. You shouldn’t leave the settlement before you’ve unlocked the achievement – there’s a bug that makes happiness decrease when you’re away by not registering certain conditions. Here’s what you need to do:
- Walk around for a couple of minutes, maybe ring the Bell to attract your villagers. Being near you makes them happy. Use this time to check if happiness is indeed rising.
- Sleep for 24 hours.
- Repeat until it’s done.
- If you get stuck at 98/99, start throwing decorations around like crazy – paintings, fountains, sculptures, etc.
Source: vl Insane lv