Settlement happiness is one of the most important stats your village has in Fallout 4. Happy settlers produce more – when they’re happy, you will be too. When you reach maximum happiness in a large settlement, you’ll unlock the Benevolent Leader achievement. This guide will show you how to increase settlement happiness in Fallout 4, and how to earn the Benevolent Leader trophy.
How to increase settlement happinessHere’s how to ensure your villagers are enjoying a nice life:
- Watch your resources – You need 1 food, water and bed for every settler. If something changes color in the resource bar, you need more of it.
- Strengthen your defense – The minimum defense value you should aim for is equal to the sum of your water and food reserves.
- Decorate – Put rugs, paintings and other decorative items to increase the pleasantness of the homes.
- Invest in leisure – Buy TVs and radios for every house.
- Build shops – Some shops increase happiness: restaurant, clothing store, clinic and the trader.
- Spend time with your people – You’re the mayor of WastelandVille, and your citizens like it when you’re around.