Blissey is currently the most broken Pokemon in Pokemon GO. It has a lot of health and a lot of CP. It takes a long time to defeat Blissey, and that’s the biggest problem. In this guide, we’ll show you how to defeat Blissey in Pokemon GO, which Pokemon to choose, etc.
How to Beat Blissey in Pokemon GO Gym Battles
Blissey’s main advantage lies not only in its CP, but also its absurd health points. Even if you manage to dodge its attacks flawlessly, odds are good that you won’t be able to defeat Blissey in the time limit. So here’s what you can do to even out the odds.
- Choose the attacker carefully
Ideally, you want a Pokemon that can do good DPS while also being good at tanking. You’ll see why in a moment. The perfect counters to Blissey would be:
- Dragonite – A pretty obvious choice. Dragonite is one of the beastliest Pokemon in the game, so you really can’t go wrong by picking it. Use Dragon Breath and Dragon Claw for best results.
- Gyarados – Might not be able to take as much punishment, but still a very valid choice. Especially if you use Dragon Breath + Hydro Pump or Bite + Hydro Pump. Your CP should be much higher than the Blissey’s, though.
- Vaporeon – My absolute favorite pick. Vaporeon is just great all-around. It can both deal damage and take it, so it’s a good choice here. Water Gun and Hydro Pump is your best bet. Only dodge the charge attacks, as time is of the essence.
- Machamp – Not the best of selections, unless it’s against a Pound + Hyper Beam Blissey, then it should be fine. Use Counter + Dynamic Punch. Either way, you’ll probably hurt the Blissey enough to be able to finish it off with your next attacker, especially if your Machamp has a very high CP. The biggest problem with all Fighting Pokemon, though, is that they’re very vulnerable to Blissey’s Psychic moves.
- Donphan – One of the new ones, and a damn decent counter to a Blissey. Use Counter and Play Rough for best results.
- Don’t waste time dodging
You have a very limited amount of time to defeat Blissey, and it takes forever as is. Just ignore the quick attacks, and only dodge strong attacks if you’re in a dire situation.
- Be very quick
Keep spamming your quick moves and just don’t stop. Use your charge move immediately when it becomes available. The clock is your biggest enemy here.
- Bring more people
Don’t forget, you don’t have to fight alone. Ask people to help you take Blissey out. Together, you’ll deal more damage in less time, increasing your chances dramatically.
If you found another good combo to fight Blissey, please feel free to share it with us in the comments!