Book of Knowledge items in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla are used to get new abilities as well as upgrade them. The Ability book locations in Ac Valhalla are scattered all across the map, with a few in almost every region of the game. Abilities are separate from skills, and you activate them manually by holding L2 for Ranged and R2 for melee and then pressing Triangle, Square, X or Triangle. Anyways, figuring out where to find abilities in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, aka Books of Knowledge, is pretty important. Hence, here’s our AC Valhalla Ability Locations Map & All Abilities List – Book of Knowledge guide to help you out.
Note: This guide is a work in progress. We’ll keep updating it with more info as we uncover it.
Ledecestrescire Ability Book of Knowledge Locations in AC Valhalla
There are four Books of Knowledge locations in Ledecestrescire in AC Valhalla. They are in Offchurch, Venonis, Tonnastadir, and Templebrough. Here are their locations on the map, and quick explanations of where to find them.
- Focus of the Nornir – Go underground through the chapel in the southeast of Offchurch. Head straight, then into the left corridor, and left again through the cobweb-covered crack in the wall.
- Harpoon Impalement – In the east of Venonis, find and go down the long ladder leading underground, next to a lantern. Follow the hallway, jump into the water, swim to the left and climb the wall on the left, then destroy the burning vase.
- Raven Distraction – Go to Tonnastadir and find the Tonnastadir Door Key in the big, blue building that dominates the town. Go south, unlock the metal door leading underground. Walk to the dead end, then through the crack in the wall on the right.
- Piercing Shot – Head to Templebrough Fort and go into the central building, through the door between the two red banners with the white, two-headed eagles.
Where to Find Ability Book Locations in AC Valhalla Grantebridgescire?
To find the Book of Knowledge abilities in Grantebridgescire in AC Valhalla, there are four places for you to visit. They are Meldeburne, Ravensburg, Walden, and Isle of Ely Monastery. Here are their locations and how to reach them, in brief.
- Mark of Death – In Meldeburne, find the guard carrying the key and assassinate them. Unlock the door to the tallest tower in the area, the one with the white banners with crosses on them. Go inside to find the book.
- Rush & Bash – The book is in one of the huts in Ravensburg. Use your raven to find where it is, or just loot the entire place. It’s full of bandits and ne’er-do-wells anyway.
- Incendiary Powder Trap – Find the cathedral in Walden and make your way inside. You can do it by eliminating guards and finding a key. The ability book is behind the altar.
- Dive of the Valkyries – On the east side of the Isle of Ely Monastery, near the water, there’s a cave you can go into. Follow the corridor, smashing doors on the way, and enter the cellar. That’s where the book is.
AC Valhalla East Anglia Book of Knowledge Ability Locations
There are three Book of Knowledge ability locations that you can find in the East Anglia. One is in the Ruined Tower fast travel point, one is in a crumbling church in the middle of nowhere, and one is in Dunwic. Let’s get into some more details.
- Blinding Rush – Inside of the Ruined Tower, on the ground level, there’s a part of the floor made of wooden boards. Break it and drop all the way down. Use one of the burning urns to break the rock wall and reveal the Ability Book
- Axe Blizzard – Climb on top of the lonely, decrepit church. Hop across the jutting wood beams and jump onto the elevated area. The book is right there, on a bloody altar.
- Rush & Bash – In Dunwic, find the square hole in the floor that you can blow up. Drop below and move the shelves to reveal the door. You’ll need a key to unlock it, so use your raven.
AC Valhalla All Abilities List – Books of Knowledge
In our list of all abilities in AC Valhalla, we’ll show you what all the Books of Knowledge give you, as well as what their upgrades are. That way, you’ll know which ones will best suit your gameplay style. Here we go!
- Melee Abilities
- Rush & Bash – Hold R2 to rush continuously. While rushing, make contact with any enemy to grab and pick them up. Throw enemies you’ve grabbed off ledges or slam them into walls for extra damage. Upgrade: Eivor takes advantage of enemies stunned from a wall slam to finish an extra punishing attack.
- Blinding Rush – Use stamina to move undetected. Aborts on enemy contact. Upgrade: Successful Assassination doesn’t interrupt the ability.
- Poison Strike – Applies a poisonous concoction to your right-hand melee weapon. Poisoned enemies suffer additional damage over time. Upgrade: The concoction splashes in an arc in front of you, instantly poisoning enemies caught in the arc.
- Kick of Tyr – A ferocious kick sens enemies flying backwards. Enemies who strike objects or other enemies will suffer additional damage.
- Vengeance of Thor – Hold R2 to concentrate all your strength into an unstoppable attack. The longer you hold, the more powerful the attack will become. Upgrade: You can charge-up twice for the ultimate attack.
- Feign Death – Fool enemies by playing dead. Upgrade: Trigger a surprose assassination from a prone position
- Dive of the Valkyries – Launch yourself into the air and come crashing down onto your enemies. Upgrade: Inflict stun damage within a large radius of impact.
- Harpoon Impalement – Impale your enemy with your harpoon and throw them in any direction using the left stick. Enemies who strike objects or other enemies will suffer massive damage. Upgrade: Eivor can finish by pulling the enemy close and killing them with style.
- Rage of Helheim – Enter a fit of rage and slam your enemy to the ground, leaving them helpless in face of a barrage of hits. Alternate quickly between L1 and R1 taps to avoid losing balance.
- Fire Strike – Applies fire to your right-hand melee weapon. Enemies that catch fire will suffer additional damage over time.
- Throwing Axe Fury – Hurl throwing axes at all enemies in range.
- Ranged Abilities
- Poisonous Powder Trap – Attaches a small pouch to your arrow that spreads a volatiole powder wherever the arrow strikes. Any nearby movemebt causes the powder to burst into a poisonous mist. Anyone who walks near is in for an unpleasant surprise.
- Incendiary Powder Trap – Attaches a small pouch to your arrow that spreads a volatile powder wherever the arrow strikes. Any nearby movement causes the powder to burst into flames. Upgrade: The powder can be detonated a second time.
- Ranged Poison Strike – Applies a poisonous concoction to your arrows. Upgrade: Applied poison splashes in an arc in the flight of the arrow, poisoning all enemies caught in the arc.
- Ranged Fire Strike – Set the tip of your arrow aflame. Anything it hits will catch fire.
- Mark of Death – Hold R2 to mark sighted enemies. Release to let fly a deadly volley of arrows.
- Piercing Shot – Shoot an arrow with enough force to pierce through nearly any obstacle.
- Raven Distraction – User your raven, Synin, to briefly distract your enemies. Upgrade: Synin attacks the target to begin the distraction. During combat, Synin stuns the target.
- Man’s Best Friend – Sic your wolf on an enemy.
- Focus of the Nornir – Use the power of the Nornir to aim and shoot at your enemies with fateful speed. Upgrade: Each killed enemy increases damage dealt.
- Axe Blizzard – Aim and throw a devastating barrage of axes. Upgrade: Completing the full series of Axe Blizzard by adding a bloody finishing combo of extra throws.
- Thorn of Slumber – An arrow marked with the Svefnthorn symbol puts targets to sleep almost instantly. Upgrade: On impact, arrows expel a cloud of poison, putting anyone nearby to sleep.
If you need help with anything else in the game, we've got a metric ton of other guides for you to check out. For example, we've written AC Valhalla Hidden Ones Armor Set Locations - Ratae Bureau Armor & Londinium Bureau Key for quest A Brief History of The Hidden Ones, that will reward you with the Hidden Ones armor. We can also help with whether you want to let Rued Live or Die - Kill or Spare Rued Choice Consequences, or who to give silver to in AC Valhalla War Weary quest , and a well hidden AC Valhalla Comb location for Bil Maiden's Missive Rygjafylke World Event. Puzzle that caused us big problems was Unseal The Well during the quest Well Traveled. And, yes, we do have many more coming, stay tuned.