How to Start Destiny 2 Lightfall on Xbox, Can't Launch Issue Fix
Destiny 2 Lightfall is arriving very soon. Since the game is available on pretty much all major gaming devices and platforms, fans are eagerly awaiting to play this latest expansion. However, it appears that some Xbox Series X|S players won’t be able to launch and play the game. At least, not without performing several steps first. This has been confirmed by Bungie themselves, and they provided the necessary solution needed to resolve this. So here’s how to start Destiny 2 Lightfall on Xbox and fix the Can’t Launch Issue.
How to Play Destiny 2 Lightfall on XBox, Can’t Start Issue Fix
In a very refreshing move, Bungie, the game devs behind Destiny 2, have been very proactive and have provided a step-by-step method on how to get the game running normally. As such, it’s probably best if you do this before the update goes live and servers are back up after maintenance, but it shouldn’t matter if you do it afterward. So let’s see how to do this.
- Step #1: If Destiny 2 is already running, quit and exit the game.
- Step #2: Find and select the Destiny 2 game icon.
- Step #3: Press the Menu button.
- Step #4: Choose the “Manage game and add-ons” option.
- Step #5: Select Destiny 2 here.
- Step #6: Unselect the following add-ons: Destiny 2: Forsaken – Black Armory, Destiny 2: Forsaken – Joker’s Wild, Destiny 2: Forsaken – Penumbra, Destiny 2: Forsaken Annual Pass, Expansion I: Curse of Osiris, and Expansion II: Warmind.
- Step #7: After that, select the “Save changes” option.
- Step #8: These add-ons are then going to be uninstalled.
- Step #9: When the uninstallation process is complete, launch Destiny 2 again.
As this is an official fix by Bungie, the game should now work on Xbox Series X|S devices. But just in case it doesn’t, you should contact Bungie Support by visiting this link.
If you need further help with Destiny 2 Shadowkeep, check out our guides on Dead Ghost Locations, Jade Rabbit Locations, and Eyes on the Moon - How to Start Vex Invasion. If it's Exotic Weapons that you're after, we've got you covered with our Pain And Gain Exotic Quest and Deathbringer Exotic Rocket Launcher - Symphony of Death guides. Going back in time for new players, we can offer you guides like Ikelos Weapons - How to Get SMG, Sniper Rifle, Shotgun, or, if you're playing Forsaken content, guides like Corsair Down & Badge - Dead Body Locations.
I’ve done those steps and it is still not letting me log in to servers. I’ve even reset my Xbox and everything.