Lumina is a new exotic weapon in Destiny 2. It’s a hand cannon that heals and buffs your teammates. In order to get it, you’ll have to complete a set of long and arduous tasks. But first, you’ll have to find the secret location where the quest starts. If you’re having trouble with any of the steps, our Destiny 2 Lumina exotic hand cannon quest guide will show you the light.
How to start Lumina quest?
In order to begin the Lumina quest, you’ll have to go to the EDZ. Land at Trostland, then head into the tunnel north of the church. Follow the path into the salt mines, and when you reach the elevator, look for a transmat pad to the left of it. Use it to get up to the cliff above the city. Go up the road to the barrier, then shimmy across the ledge on the left. Climb into the small opening and it’ll lead you to a secret camp. Loot the chest on the left to get the first quest item.
System Positioning Device chest locations
Once you open the chest, you’ll get two items. In order to complete the next step, you’ll have to use your system positioning device to find a special chest. The device will point you to one of the game’s many lost sectors by name, and you’ll have to search it carefully. The chest is made of wood, and it’s decorated with rose engravings. The location changes every hour, and we’ve written a separate guide with all the system positioning device chest locations.
After you’ve obtained the Rose legendary hand cannon, you’ll have to complete a series of menial tasks. None of them will be difficult, but scratching them off the list will take quite a bit of time.
- Bearers of Evil Past: Generate 250 orbs of light.
- Rose, Revealed:
- Complete a 50.000 Nightfall.
- Get 35 points by playing Escalation Protocol, Blind Well or Black Armory forges. Each one will grant you 7. points.
- Kill 100 enemies without reloading.
- Fireteam Leader: Kill enemies with Rose and complete activities. Public events will give you only 1%, so don’t bother with them. Strikes give out 7%. Menagerie should give you 35%, but it can be hard to find a group.
- Strength in Numbers:
- Kill other guardians as a team (1% per hand cannon kill)
- Generate 50 orbs
- Deny an invader in Gambit (kill them before they kill an ally)
The last step requires you to play the Will of the Thousands strike. There are 11 hive crystals on the map, and you need to destroy them all using the Rose. Once you’ve done that, kill the boss and you’ll get Lumina. Here’s a video with all the locations. Keep in mind you have to destroy all 11 in one go, or else it won’t count.