Anri of Astora is one of the more important NPCs in Dark Souls 3. Anri’s gender depends on that of your character (always opposite), and there are several endings to his/her story.
One of them leads to the Usurpation of Fire secret ending. This guide will show you where to find Anri of Astora as you progress through the game, how to finish her quests.
Anri Wedding Quest / Usurpation of Fire
- First you’ll need to bring Yoel of Londor to Firelink Shrine. You’ll find him near the first bonfire after defeating Vordt of the Boreal Valley.
- Once he’s at the shrine, talk to him and choose the Draw Out True Strength option. It will give you a free level-up and a Dark Sigil. You mustn’t heal the Dark Sigil at any time! Kill yourself twice, then choose the option again. Repeat the process until you’ve leveled up five times. Yoel will die after you leave and be replaced by Yuria of Londor. Talk to her.
- Now it’s time to meet Anri. You’ll find her at the Halfway Fortress bonfire in Road of Sacrifices – it’s the one after the canyon with the crow-people. Exhaust all dialogue options with both her and Horace.
After you’ve killed Deacons of The Deep, Anri & Horace will appear at Firelink Shrine. Talk to them there.
- Once you enter the Catacombs of Carthus, look for Anri again. You’ll meet her here twice, and you have to do this before killing Wolnir. After you cross the bridge, go right. Follow the path until you see Anri in a corridor. Talk to her.
- Your second meeting place will be above the hanging bridge. Use the rocky path to the right to get to Anri and talk.
- Destroy the hanging bridge and use it as a ladder to go down. Descend through the Demon Ruins to get to the Smoldering Lake. Follow the right coast until you see a cave. Go through it and you’ll reach Horace. You need to kill him – he wields a halberd and a parry shield, so be careful.
- Go back to Anri above the hanging bridge and tell her about Smoldering Lake. She’ll give you the Ring of The Evil Eye.
- Your next meeting will occur in Irithyll of The Boreal Valley, before the fight with Pontiff Sulyvahn. You’ll find her next to the Church of Yorshka bonfire. Talk to her.
- Travel to Firelink Shrine and talk to Yuria. Exhaust all the dialogue options, until you hear that your spouse awaits you.
- Go to the Darkmoon Tomb in Anor Londo. From the Pontiff arena, go up the stairs across the courtyard, then climb the arches all the way up. The entrance to the tomb will be on the left, near the rotating bridge.
Talk to the pilgrim outside the tomb – he’ll give you the Sword of Avowal. Proceed inside and start the ceremony. If you return to the tomb afterwards, you’ll find Anri’s Straight Sword near the sarchophagus.
Anri Alternate Quest EndingIf you don’t want Anri to end up with a sword through her face, there an alternative quest ending you can pursue. Ignore the first two steps – the ones with Yoel and Yuria. You can use him to gain free levels, but it doesn’t matter for the quest. Do steps 3-9 from the list above, then the following:
- After you’ve talked to Anri in the Church of Yorshka, look around the room. There will be a bunch of statues by the entrance. Approach them and start swinging your weapon. One of them is a servant of Londor in disguise. When you kill him, you’ll save Anri from being abducted.
- When you reach Anor Londo, look for a summoning sign in the Cathedral, to the right from the main entrance. There will be a prism stone next to it. This is Anri’s sign. If you use it, it will be as if she summoned you, so you’ll help her defeat Aldrich.
- Travel to Firelink Shrine and talk to Ludleth. He will give you Anri’s sword, saying she passed through and left it for you.
- If you go back to where you fought Horace, you’ll find Anri by his grave. She’ll attack you without a word.