Destiny 2 Region Chest locations on Io can be found all across the Giant’s Scar, Lost Oasis, and The Rupture regions. Several of them are very well-hidden. There are nine hidden Golden Chests to find on Io, enough to keep you occupied for a while. They’re worth finding, because they can drop some seriously good loot. Our guide’s gonna help you find all Destiny 2 Io Region Chest locations.
Where to find Region Chests in Giant’s Scar on Io?
- To pick up the first chest in this zone, go to the Giant’s Scar Landing Zone. You’ll be staring right at a large pillar-like thing that might be some kind of receiver. Look to your left and you’ll see a small ledge you can jump on. From there, fly to the top of the three discs protruding from the side, and then all the way to the top. The first chest on Io is waiting there.
- A little bit to the northeast of the previous chest, on the ground, you’ll see a small path leading you through the building. Go left until you reach one of the support structures of the gigantic machine in the middle. There’s a rock formation nearby that you can fly onto. From there, fly to just behind the huge piston, and you’ll find the second Regional Chest in Giant’s Scar.
- Head northeast from the second chest and hug the cliff on the left. You’ll come a cross a small cave. The third chest is behind the stalactite in the far right corner.
Destiny 2 Io Lost Oasis Golden Chest Locations
- As soon as you arrive at the Lost Oasis landing zone, turn around, carefully walk to the edge of the cliff behind you and look left. You’ll spot a cave entrance not far away. Make your way over there (we went over the rocks directly above the cave) and go inside. The cave is small; you’ll find the chest easily, it’s behind the rock formation inside.
- This one is a little more difficult to find. Use fast travel to go back to the Lost Oasis landing zone, so you don’t die. Head straight forward, to the east, between two rock formations. Not far from there, you’ll find a hole in the ground among jagged rocks and sharp tree stumps. Go down and head right at the bottom. Follow the corridor until you spot the chest next to one of the stalactites.
- Follow the cave to the end until you’re outside. You’ll spot a huge tree, with gigantic rib cage-looking roots. You’ll know you’re there when you see a frozen lake on the left. Slightly above you, among the roots, there’s a small cave entrance. Go inside and keep going until you spot a well-lit circular opening on the right. You’ll see the chest below you.
Hidden Chest Locations in Destiny 2 The Rupture
- The entrance into the cave where this region chest is in lies directly to the west of the map marker, not too far away. There’s a small block of concrete from the ruined architecture right in front of the entrance. Go inside the cave and take a right turn at the fork in the path. Clear out the Taken and open the chest.
- From the landing zone in The Rupture, head south until you reach an archaeological dig. Get ready for some platforming. Hop onto the black, towering part and keep going up ntil you see floating platforms on your right. Hop over those until you’re in the open again. Jump to the right, then right again, and towards the glowing pillar. There’s more floating platforms, so hop across and enter the portal. Once on the other side, head to the right in front of you, and you’ll see the Region chest waiting for you.
If you need further help with Destiny 2 Shadowkeep, check out our guides on Dead Ghost Locations, Jade Rabbit Locations, and Eyes on the Moon - How to Start Vex Invasion. If it's Exotic Weapons that you're after, we've got you covered with our Pain And Gain Exotic Quest and Deathbringer Exotic Rocket Launcher - Symphony of Death guides. Going back in time for new players, we can offer you guides like Ikelos Weapons - How to Get SMG, Sniper Rifle, Shotgun, or, if you're playing Forsaken content, guides like Corsair Down & Badge - Dead Body Locations.