Companions are allies that travel with you and fight by your side in Fallout 4. Each one has its own abilities and a personality, but you can take only one with you at any time. This guide will show you all Fallout 4 companions, how to get them and what they can do.
There are several things to keep in mind regarding companions:
- You can only take one with you.
- When you dismiss a companion, they’ll either go to your settlement, or the place where you found them.
- Companions cannot die – when hurt badly enough, they’ll get knocked out.
- There are commands you can issue them, like sending them to pick up items, use objects or go to certain places.
- You can maintain your relationships with them, and if they’re good enough, you can even romance the human ones.
- Companions have unique perks