Masterwork Cores are items in Destiny 2 that can be used for gear upgrade. They were introduced with Masterworks after the launch of Destiny 2. With the Forsaken expansion Masterwork Core item became even more important. Its first purpose was in re-rolling the stat bonuses on Masterworks, but now it has an additional role. If you want to upgrade the light of any gear item you’ll need four Masterwork Cores. The question that pop ups immediately is how to get Masterwork Cores in Destiny 2: Forsaken.
Easiest way to get Masterwork Cores in Forsaken
Yesterday when the Forsaken update dropped, most Destiny 2 fans were disappointed with new changes to the Infusion system. Finding MasterWork Cores turned out not to be as easy as most of players thought it will be. In the list below we’ll share with you how to find Masterwork Cores:
1. The easiest way to get Masterwork Cores is from new vendor Spider. You can buy them for Leendary Shards, but the cost doubles for each purchase on the same day. The first piece you can get for 10 Legendary Shards, the second one for 20 Shards, third for 40 shards, and so on. The great news is that the price resets daily.
2. They’re much easier to obtain when you hit level 50. Dismantling high level gear will give you one masterwork core even if the gear itself isn’t masterworked. Dismantle new Destiny 2 Year 1 items, but only those obtained after the patch. You get one masterwork core (small chances for 2 pieces) from dismantling legendaries.
3. If you have a “Finest Matterweave” item, according to the description boss kills have a chance to drop a masterwork core. Unfortunately effect lasts until a masterwork core is dropped.
4. Masterworks Year 1 armor will always dismantle to one Masterwork Core, while Year 1 weapons can dismantle to one or two cores, but no longer three.
5. Unfortunately Masterwork acquisition in Pre-Forsaken raids has been lowered from 50% to 10% to be in line with Masterwork drops in Forsaken
If you need further help with Destiny 2 Shadowkeep, check out our guides on Dead Ghost Locations, Jade Rabbit Locations, and Eyes on the Moon - How to Start Vex Invasion. If it's Exotic Weapons that you're after, we've got you covered with our Pain And Gain Exotic Quest and Deathbringer Exotic Rocket Launcher - Symphony of Death guides. Going back in time for new players, we can offer you guides like Ikelos Weapons - How to Get SMG, Sniper Rifle, Shotgun, or, if you're playing Forsaken content, guides like Corsair Down & Badge - Dead Body Locations.