The Destiny 2 PC version doesn’t support OBS and XSplit game capture. This was revealed in the official post on third-party application feature compatibility. In order to best prepare for Destiny 2 PC beta on August 28, Bungie detailed which programs might affect its performance.
If you are using streaming and game capture programs, devices, some overlay programs, and other stuff, this concerns you. The third-party application compatibility features are listed on the official page.
Although game capture is not supported for applications like OBS and XSplit, there are other methods. The restrictions shown down below also go for other recording applications like Dxtory, Razer Cortex, Fraps and others.
- To capture while playing in Exclusive Fullscreen
- Hardware capture through methods such as Elgato, AVerMedia, or a dedicated streaming PC is supported.
- NVIDIA Shadowplay and AMD ReLive are supported.
- To capture while playing in Windowed Mode (including Borderless Fullscreen)
- OBS and XSplit Screen Capture mode is supported.
- OBS and XSplit Window Capture mode is supported.
There an be issues with third-party applications that rely on the use of on-screen overlays. In general, they are not compatible with Destiny 2, as you’ll see in the examples below.
- Voice Communications – “Who’s talking” and visual notification features, such as those provided by Discord or Mumble, are not compatible with Destiny 2. Notification features may still be provided through the third-party application.
- Hardware Monitoring – Framerate and statistics overlays, such as those provided by EVGA Precision XOC, MSi Afterburner, and Fraps, are not compatible with Destiny 2.
The list of third-party applications above is not final. You can expect that every program that relies on a code being inserted into the game client to possibly suffer some issues. These issues may potentially impact game performance. If you experience these issues, you should disable the applications. If worst comes to worst, close them entirely.
If you need further help with Destiny 2 Shadowkeep, check out our guides on Dead Ghost Locations, Jade Rabbit Locations, and Eyes on the Moon - How to Start Vex Invasion. If it's Exotic Weapons that you're after, we've got you covered with our Pain And Gain Exotic Quest and Deathbringer Exotic Rocket Launcher - Symphony of Death guides. Going back in time for new players, we can offer you guides like Ikelos Weapons - How to Get SMG, Sniper Rifle, Shotgun, or, if you're playing Forsaken content, guides like Corsair Down & Badge - Dead Body Locations.