Sturm is an exotic hand cannon in Destiny 2. It can be obtained by solving a quest chain starting at Nessus. It’s a kinetic weapon that replenishes energy ammo when you score kills with it. The quest isn’t particularly hard to complete, but knowing where to start it is half the battle. This guide will help you obtain Destiny 2 Sturm exotic hand cannon, by leading you through the related missions.
How to get Sturm exotic weapon?
In order to get Sturm, you’ll have to:
- Complete the main story campaign.
- Go to Nesuss and start the Failsafe quest at Exodus Black.
- Talk to Master Rahool at the Tower.
- Decrypt 5 legendary engrams.
- Decrypt 1 exotic engram.
- Kill 10 Fallen on Nessus using Drang (the sidearm you got for completing Failsafe).
- Talk to Rahool again.
- Talk to Tyra Karn at the Farm.
- Kill 10 Fallen on Nessus using Drang, without reloading.
- Kill 10 powerful Fallen on Nessus using Drang.
- Complete Relics of The Golden Age quest by killing a servitor called Kendriks-7.
- Talk to Tyra Karn again.
On its own, Sturm is a cool enough weapon, but it really shines when you pair it with Drang. Drang is an energy weapon, and if you look closely, you’ll notice it has a perk that allows it to refill Sturm’s ammo when you score kills with it. In other words, killing with one of them will replenish the other one’s ammo. Theoretically, you’ll never have to reload manually. Ever. It’s probably not as rosy on paper, but it’s still a big deal. Boss fights will be a bump in the road in that sense, but regular enemies won’t know what hit them.
Hand cannons reward precision, and these two even more so. They’re obviously going to be a huge hit in the PC version, as mouse and keyboard make hand cannons insanely easy to use.
If you need further help with Destiny 2 Shadowkeep, check out our guides on Dead Ghost Locations, Jade Rabbit Locations, and Eyes on the Moon - How to Start Vex Invasion. If it's Exotic Weapons that you're after, we've got you covered with our Pain And Gain Exotic Quest and Deathbringer Exotic Rocket Launcher - Symphony of Death guides. Going back in time for new players, we can offer you guides like Ikelos Weapons - How to Get SMG, Sniper Rifle, Shotgun, or, if you're playing Forsaken content, guides like Corsair Down & Badge - Dead Body Locations.