Sunshot is an exotic handcannon in Destiny 2. It’s a great gun to have, but requires a steady hand. Enemies you kill with it will explode, dealing damage to anyone nearby. In this guide, we’re going to show you Destiny 2 Sunshot exotic handcannon location, what it looks like and its stats.
Where to find Sunshot in Destiny 2
You can obtain Sunshot as a quest reward during the Red War story campaign. There’s a mission on Io, called Sacrilege. Once you’ve finished it, the game will tell you to talk to Asher Mir, the warlock vendor at The Rupture. When you speak to him, he’ll offer you a three exotics – one of them is the Sunshot. If you want more info on the other two, check out our Destiny 2 Graviton Lance, Riskrunner, Sunshot Exotic Weapons guide.
Sunshot weapon perks
Sunshot comes with five perk slots. Here’s what they are:
- Sunburn (intrinsic) – This weapon fires explosive rounds and highlights targets that take damage from Sunshot.
- Chambered Compensator (barrel) – Stable barrel attachment. Increases stability, decreases handling and recoil.
- Accurized Rounds (magazine) – Increases range.
- Sun Blast (trait) – Targets killed with Sunshot explode in Solar energy.
- Textured Grip (grip) – Increases handling speed, decreases stability.
If you need further help with Destiny 2 Shadowkeep, check out our guides on Dead Ghost Locations, Jade Rabbit Locations, and Eyes on the Moon - How to Start Vex Invasion. If it's Exotic Weapons that you're after, we've got you covered with our Pain And Gain Exotic Quest and Deathbringer Exotic Rocket Launcher - Symphony of Death guides. Going back in time for new players, we can offer you guides like Ikelos Weapons - How to Get SMG, Sniper Rifle, Shotgun, or, if you're playing Forsaken content, guides like Corsair Down & Badge - Dead Body Locations.