Sunshot is an exotic handcannon in Destiny 2. We got the first glimpse of it during the livestream reveal, and it has been present ever since. It’s even featured in the open beta, letting players get a taste for themselves. It’s a great gun to have, but requires a steady hand. In this guide, we’re going to show you Destiny 2 Sunshot exotic handcannon location, what it looks like and its stats.
Where to find Sunshot in Destiny 2
In the Destiny 2 beta, all you have to do in order to get this sweet piece is start the game as a Hunter. You’ll get it during the Homecoming mission, and you can’t really miss it. Once the full game is out, we’ll update the guide to show you how to get it there.
Sunshot weapon perks
Sunshot comes with five perk slots. During the beta, we had a maxed out character to play around with, and our weapon perks were predetermined as well. Here’s what we got:
- Sunburn (intrinsic) – This weapon fires explosive rounds and highlights targets that take damage from Sunshot.
- Chambered Compensator (barrel) – Stable barrel attachment. Increases stability, decreases handling and recoil.
- Accurized Rounds (magazine) – Increases range.
- Sun Blast (trait) – Targets killed with Sunshot explode in Solar energy.
- Textured Grip (grip) – Increases handling speed, decreases stability.
Of course, we expect to see changes once the actual games is out – that’s what the beta is for. The devs will see how it behaves in PvP, how much people use it and in what way, which will help them tweak it to perfection. For now, it’s a fun weapon with some nice unique attributes. It sets people on fire. What more can you ask for?
We’ll update this guide with exact locations and more accurate perks once Destiny 2 launches, on September 6th.