Borderlands 3 is holding a free-to-play weekend this week on select platforms; PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Steam, and Stadia, to be exact. During the weekend, you’ll have full access to the entirety of the base game’s content. Choose your character, start developing their superpowers, and hoover up all the loot that comes within your view.
Now, every platform has a different start and end date and time. This can make things a little confusing. Never fear, we’ve got your back. In the list below, you can see when the Borderlands 3 free weekend begins and ends on your platform of choice.
- Xbox One
- Starts: August 6, 12:00 AM PT / 3:00 AM ET / 8:00 AM BST / 3:00 PM UTC+8 / 5:00 PM AEDT
- Ends: August 9, 11:59 PM PT / August 10, 2:59 AM ET / 7:59 AM BST / 2:59 PM UTC+8 / 4:59 PM AEDT
- PlayStation 4
- Starts: August 6, 9:00 AM PT (SIE America) / 5:00 PM BST (SIE Europe) / August 7, 1:00 AM JST (SIE Japan)
- Ends: August 9, 9:00 AM PT (SIE America) / 5:00 PM BST (SIE Europe) / August 10, 1:00 AM JST (SIE Japan)
- Starts: August 6, 8:00 AM PT / 11:00 AM ET / 4:00 PM BST / 11:00 PM UTC+8 / August 7, 1:00 AM AEDT
- Ends: August 12, 10:00 AM PT / 1:00 PM ET / 6:00 PM BST / August 13, 1:00 AM UTC+8 / 3:00 AM AEDT
- Starts: August 6, 9:00 AM PT / 12:00 PM ET / 5:00 PM BST / August 7, 12:00 AM UTC+8 / 2:00 AM AEDT
- Ends: August 9, 9:00 AM PT / 12:00 PM ET / 5:00 PM BST / August 10, 12:00 AM UTC+8 / 2:00 AM AEDT
Some things to keep in mind: One, if you want to play Borderlands 3 for free, you have to search for the Standard Edition of the game on your platform’s store, not Deluxe or Super Deluxe. Two, you need an active PlayStation Plus subscription to participate. Three, if you opt to purchase the full game after the free weekend, all the progress and loot will carry over. Also, Borderlands 3 is on sale right now, so if you like what you see during the free weekend, you can get it for less.
If you run into trouble while playing the game, we’ve got a ton of Borderlands 3 guides for you to check out. Among others, we’ve written Red Chest Locations, How to Apply Weapon Skins – Appearance Customization, and How to Leave & Get Back to Sanctuary. I think you’ll find them useful.
If you're having trouble with other things in the game, you might want to check out some of the other guides we've written. We've listed the locations of Red Chests, Typhon Logs, Dead Claptrap Parts and Hijack Targets. We've explored the mission choices, like what happens when you side with Holder or Ramsden in On The Blood Path, or when you tell Rhys to keep or lose mustache in Atlas at Last. We've also covered secrets, like the one where you have to open the Holy Broadcast Center locked door.