Destiny 2 has been available for well over a month for consoles, while the PC version of the game launched a few days ago (October 24, to be exact). Now, impressions of the long-awaited shooter were overall positive, but the game’s currently thriving community has been urging the devs to iron out a variety of issues. Word from Game director Christopher Barrett is that Bungie is looking to improve the game even further, which is something many Destiny fans will no doubt appreciate.
Their goal is to make Destiny 2 as challenging and rewarding as possible. In the developer’s latest weekly blog update, several endgame improvements were revealed. For starters, you can look forward to better rewards, in addition to weapon mods, exotics, and improvements made to the emote interface. Bungie also promised that Crucible PvP will be getting private matches in early 2018.
It’s pertinent to mention that a lot of PC players have recently taken to the forums, Reddit, and social network sites, to complain about unjustified bans. Meanwhile, Bungie’s response on Reddit seems to offer a different perspective on the matter.
According to Bungie’s Christopher Barrett, here’s what their team is working on:
- New systems and rewards to give our most engaged players additional, optional pursuits.
- Better incentives for players who complete challenging Prestige activities.
- Better rewards and replay value for strikes, adventures, and Lost Sectors.
- Private matches for the competitive community (we are targeting early 2018).
- Crucible tuning like adjusted Supremacy scoring and better spawning rules.
- Better incentives for completing Crucible matches (and penalties for quitting competitive games).
- Continued improvements to Iron Banner and Faction Rallies, including uniqueness of rewards.
- Changes to make the mod economy more interesting and impactful.
- Ongoing improvements to Exotics, including adjustments to reduce instances of duplication.
- New ways to spend surplus currency and materials (looking at you Legendary Shards).
- An emote interface that allows players to equip Salty, Spicy Ramen, Six Shooter, and Flip Out all at the same time.
The folks at Bungie have vowed to bring in more changes and will be back with more Destiny 2 updates soon.
In the meantime, if you’re looking to dive into the massive world of Destiny 2, check out the latest scoops, as well as our freshly updated Destiny 2 guides.
If you need further help with Destiny 2 Shadowkeep, check out our guides on Dead Ghost Locations, Jade Rabbit Locations, and Eyes on the Moon - How to Start Vex Invasion. If it's Exotic Weapons that you're after, we've got you covered with our Pain And Gain Exotic Quest and Deathbringer Exotic Rocket Launcher - Symphony of Death guides. Going back in time for new players, we can offer you guides like Ikelos Weapons - How to Get SMG, Sniper Rifle, Shotgun, or, if you're playing Forsaken content, guides like Corsair Down & Badge - Dead Body Locations.