Buck Antler Trinket is one of the charms you can buy from Gus, the new vendor in Red Dead Online. When worn, it will increase your chances of getting better quality pelts and skins from animals in perfect condition. In order to get it, you’ll need to bring Gus a pair of buck antlers, a Dane Topaz necklace and $775 in cash. If you’re having trouble getting the necessary parts, this guide will show you Red Dead Online Buck Antler & Dane Topaz Necklace locations.
How to get Buck Antler in RDR2 Online
You can get buck antlers from hunting and skinning a buck, which is a male deer. They’re one of the most common animals in the game, and you’ll find lots of them in the temperate, eastern regions. You can find them in Cumberland Forest, the border between Lemoyne and New Hanover, and along Roanoke Ridge all the way down to Bluewater Marsh.
Dane Topaz Necklace locations
The Dane Topaz necklace can be obtained as part of the Lost Jewelry collection, if you’ve upgrade your Collector role enough. You’ll need the metal detector for some of these, so you might want to beef up your rank, if you haven’t already. It changes its location every day, on a six-day cycle – you’ll find the locations for each cycle below.
- Cycle 1 Location: In New Austin, south of Tumbleweed. There’s an abandoned ranch south of Benedict Point, near the tracks. You’ll find the necklace in the fireplace of the burned-down house.
- Cycle 2 Location: In New Hanover, a bit west of the letter N. There’s a twisting cliff there, south of Caliban’s Seat. You’ll find the necklace buried in an area covered with moss and sprinkled with stones. Bring a metal detector.
- Cycle 3 Location: In New Austin, on the southern outskirts of Armadillo. There’s a mass grave there, half dug, and if you scratch the surface in the right place, you’ll find the necklace.
- Cycle 4 Location: In New Austin, near the letter “I”. East of Lake Don Julio, there’s a house at the bottom of a cliff. If you dig by the barrel next to one of the windows, you’ll find your prize.
- Cycle 5 Location: In Ambarino, northwest of Window Rock. There’s a place with several buildings in the forest there, at the end of the road. Enter the house on the right and look for the necklace in the cupboard.
- Cycle 6 Location: Halfway between Strawberry and Blackwater, on the northern bank of the Upper Montana River. There’s a clearing atop the cliff with several young pines there – that’s where you should pull out your metal detector, and it’ll lead you to a spot near the edge, where the necklace is buried.
If you end up getting stuck at another point, you might want to check out some of the other guides we have. We've written about mysteries like the missing person Gavin, the Rhodes Gunsmith prisoner, the locked door at Valentine doctor. We also have instructional guides that show how to rob stores without getting bounty or where to sell jewelry and gold bars. If it's collectibles or key items you're after, we've found all the Penny Dreadful comic books, Chick's treasure map location, or that famous pipe for Dutch. Finally, if you don't care to explore the map yourself, you could take a look at our Watson's Cabin and Catfish Jackson's Homestead locations guides. In the latest Red Dead Online Moonshiners Update you'll have a chance to find Navy Revolver and Best Shack Locations.